"Titans' Mariani has eye on expanded role"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

which part is as important as catching the ball????

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

If Mariani can help provide depth that's great. We've got some talented receivers now. He seems more elusive than I thought he would be and probably would be a good route runner. I'm all for open competition.

I hope Mariani and Williams get more opportunities next season.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mariani will end up being one of those guys that wont see much action at receiver til his 3rd or 4th season. Right now he runs crisp routes and is a natural receiver, but because he's a late pick, and is vital to our special teams, there won't be a need at WR for a while. D. Will was suppose to be our KR, but Mariani was a pleasant surprise. D. Will is going to force the coaches to find plays for him. I think the best Mariani could do this year is roughly 300 or so yards, and maybe a couple of TD's. Kenny, Nate, and Justin are all better options in the redzone. Then there's C.J., who will get a lot of goal line stuff. Won't be enough balls to go around for Mariani to get much action.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

That's 'cause his name isn't Ines Sainz. :ha:

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Getting OPEN to catch the ball?

New to this?

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

when has Mariani had a problem with that?

the position is called Reciever not Route Runner

running around with a hand up and then bouncing the ball off the facemask is no way to execute a passing attack.

7. Deuce Wayne

He will have a problem with that. That's the problem.

Can't see him getting away from many nickel-backs. (insert bad rock band joke here)

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Yeah, we tried that. It's name was Nate Washington.

What makes you think he won't be able to get open though? other than he was a 7th round pick.

Do you watch special teams. The kid is lightning fast. And we already know he has great hands and great route running.

9. Deuce Wayne

He's not 'lightning fast' though. He ran straight at full sprint well, but STs are more blocking/vision than anything else.

He probably runs a 4.5 or so... building up steam on a kick return is different than off the line while being jammed. That's slow for a WR. I'm about .05 seconds slower than him and I spend most my time on the couch.

I'm pulling for him, but I just cant see it. I think if he weren't the 'underdog', I doubt he'd have as many hopefuls thinking he can contribute.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

He's faster than damian Williams. And I havn't heard any complaints about his speed.

Anyway, I'm not pulling for him because he is an 'underdog'. It is because he is the best guy for the spot.

Bill is on my side. He played the kid in the pro bowl even when Jeff wouldn't.

BTW, as far as reciever spots go, speed matters the least in the slot anyway.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar