"Titans' Mariani has eye on expanded role"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/03/17/titans-mariani-has-eye-on-expanded-role

I don't see why not to put this kid in the slot. Especially if they plan on leaving Randy on the sideline. Put Damian Williams on the right and go to work.

The Titans are the only team Nate No hands could start on. And even then, we have 3 recievers on the roster that should be ahead of him.

If they plan on using Randy this year, they should split time between Damain Williams and Mariani in the slot.

They let him play slot in the Pro Bowl and he has skills.

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

They have to sign Moss in order to use him. But i'd like to see Mark move into a WR role he has great hands.

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Do you have word on that we are keeping Randy Moss or something?

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Randy said he wanted to stay... No one else is going to sign him...

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

He said that to be in our good graces since he wasn't playing. He recently has said he wants to go back to New England, and I can see them that happening or going to some crappy team trying to sell a few tickets.

I wouldn't mind keeping him for another year though if we don't pick up another legitimate #2 receiver. Nate needs to be in the slot and I think D-Will needs at least one more year splitting time before starting.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

And you actually believed that :ha::ha::ha::ha:

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

8. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

nate sucks....point blank...sure he can stretch the field with speed but who was a fast receiver that drops the ball 17 times a year and only gets targeted 52....thats almost half the attempts to him...williams and mariani would both be better than him...i would take randy for how old he is over him...and rotate d-will and mariani in the slot unless we draft gabbert or mallet then i would like to see them spread it out a little bit with cj in the backfield for check down and cook at the tight end spot so we could use them with their arms and see what they can do with options...ONCE mallet is ready for multiple looks that is....

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I think we're in bad shape if Mariani is starting at WR. He's a great ST player, but I just don't think he's quick enough as a slot WR.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Mizzo

Mizzo World champion of America

Agreed. I do think it's worth giving him a shot though.

To the others, I don't really get all the hate Nate Washington is getting. Last year I thought he played well. A definite improvement from the season before last where he had quite a few (bad) drops. I'd like to see him with a real QB before I start throwing around the "He sucks"

I like Britt and Washington at 1 and 2, with DWill at slot. Mariani should be thrown into the rotation to see what he can do, but I'm not sold that he has "great hands" and that he can play receiver in the NFL yet.

And seriously, draft another WR late round and out with 12gage

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar