Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans make it official ink Wimbley

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Mar 20, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood On Twitter @2ToneBlueBlood

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,674
    I'd rather resign Ball than Hayes.
    1 people high five this.
  2. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Wright
    Moolah:
    $12,361
    He was drafted as a 4-3 player and played in a 4-3 in college and his first few years. He's a versatile player.

If the Titans didn't think he could play DE in a 4-3 then we wouldn't went after him and obviously Wimbley is comfortable enough with this.
  3. Fry Hatin' is what I do.

Casey
    Moolah:
    $12,955
    Ball is definitely better, but you have to wonder how much longer he can last in the NFL. He's had back issues for a while and now concussions.

Everyone laughed when the Titans picked William Hayes. They were right...
  4. dtm586 Starter

Wright
    Moolah:
    $3,244
    Im Liking Wimbely more and more ... sort of has a Terry Crews thing going on ...

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  5. corymiller New Era Connoisseur

Moolah:
    $5,772
    He was in a 4-3 system in college. Said it was most difficult to transition from DE to OLB. From hos interview I heard on te radio today seems he is much more comfortable in a 4-3 system.

Also seems a lot of Raider fans liked him. I work with a lot of raider fans that simply gushed about him with praise and said we got a good one.
    1 people high five this.
  6. MDTitansFan Rookie

Moolah:
    $179
  7. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,154
    Excellent pickup!

It's just too bad we missed out on overpaying that one guy with $100 million contract! And we totally whiffed on picking up that other guy who is going to be 34 by the time the 2012 season starts! Damn Peyton to hell!!!!

:sarcasm:
  8. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,027
    Yes...

If you've watched him, he beats guys a few ways. Speed rush, speed rush with cut back once OT sets past the stepping up QB, on an inside stunt (very effective) and his patented duck. His best move is a speed rush in which he doesnt knock the OT's hands away, he ducks under them and blows past the OT. He is fast and has a great burst and has a great ability to bend and run the arc!

He may not be as stout against the run, but we need his pass rush more!

We got him cheap! Great deal!!!

Gut

Gut
  9. Gut Starter

Moolah:
    $1,027
    Now we wait for Indy to cut Freeney....and sign a OC!

Gut
  10. GLinks Titans on the Rise

Moolah:
    $670
    I read the article following. Says he's a matchup nightmare as a SLB. I have to wonder if he might see some time there, too, especially if Ayers gets tried out as a pass rusher at all. For the money, though, Job 1 has to be rush the passer.

I like the signing though, plus it's one the Titans had to make happen. Despite all the proclamation of being better suited to play 3-4, I've always wanted to see
    Wimbley play in our system. He wasn't meant to be a Titan when drafted, and I knew that. But I think there's a real opportunity here, and not a bad risk at all.