Titans Lose Preseason Opener to Saints 19-16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanSince'87

FanSince'87 Heretical Fanatic

feels good, oh yeah!

When the starters were in, the Titans played pretty well on offense, defense, and special teams. Special teams especially were a standout (except for the high snap on the 56 yarder). For the first time in quite a while I feel good about the Titan's chances to make a decent run. Volek looked really sharp in his reads, throws, evasion etc. His numbers were misleading because of some dropped balls:irked: It seems like we are constantly almost making big passing plays. Almost because the receiver drops the ball(both literally and figuratively). The good news is that our receiving corps looks the best it has since Mason left. Perhaps the Titans can find a cure for dropitis, open up a great passing game, and make room for Brown, Henry, and maybe even White to gash the opposition on the ground. Stranger things have happened. For the most part I am heartened by what I saw tonight.:))

2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I'd have loved to se Bennett catch that deep ball from Volek, I was hoping they allowed him to throw the deep one.
    Volek was solid, VY threw like a rookie (but ran well), recievers was average, running game was ok. Starting defense looked agressive and hard hitting (even Woolfolk did good), good coverage on ST.
    For now, it looks better than expected.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

apparently Woolfolks INTs don't matter either.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I also thought Odom looked good, both playing the end but also inside. Hill was our weakpoint today for the starting defence, no question.

Didn't really see much out of Sirmon, Bulluck, Hope or Thompson.

5. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I have to admit to being a little disappointed. It seems like more of the same as last year (and maybe it has to do with second stringers and I am reading to much into a preseason game). The Titans have a great first half and then they come out completely flat, it is like the second half adjustments are just not there. They just looked inept the whole second half, add to that VY getting hurt (or almost getting hurt) in a meaningless game, Starks getting arrested pre game, and more penalty action from Pacman. Well, I won't get too upset until the regular season starts but I am not happy.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

There you go.

7. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

I know, I know.
    I just had such high hopes and the Titans just didn't live up to them last night. I haven't given up, I am just lowering my expectations until they give me a reason not to.

Edit to add: I mean Schwartz is still D Coord.....

8. I liked LaBoy's sack, got to him well.

Overall I liked the D-Line in the 1st half, so there's hope there.

9. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Chris looked back to form..

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

He should be sending a thank you note to KVB for that one, his pressure opposite meant the QB had nowhere to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar