Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans looking to trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 27 users.
  1. Titans2004 Starter

Moolah:
    $3,635
    I think other GMs are just gonna sit back and watch the game of chicken between Webster and CJ.

Webster could hold CJ until the last possible day and then cut him loose. But is that the smart thing to do...both from a cap standpoint and a political standpoint with future players.

CJ knows that if Webster holds onto him that he will be screwed from a monetary and production stand point. He won't have time to learn a new system and thus is more likely to have a bad year. The best thing for CJ is to get with a team before mini-camp so that he can learn the system. Only way that happens is if he takes a significant pay cut.

So who blinks first...Webster or CJ.

If I'm Webster I hold on to him until as late as possible. CJ held the Titans hostage with the his holdout so now he can feel how it feels to have no control over the situation.

I think the only certainty is that CJ does not get 8mil this yr.
  2. lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Moolah:
    $1,865
    CJ and 11th for the Rams' 2nd pick it is
  3. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,585
    will never happen
  4. Two Kings NJ Titan

George
    Moolah:
    $5,440
    Ugh. I wouldn't want that to happen
  5. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,652
    I don't see a single reason why Webster wouldn't draw this out. No downside to making CJ squirm.

That said, Webster should just take the first offer he gets -- any offer. The idea that "multiple teams" are interested is a blatant lie. The Titans planted that story to try to generate interest.

The second any team offers a 6th, take it without thinking twice.

And for the last time, people, shut the hell up with this talk about trading CJ to move up in the 1st round. Stop being idiots.
    JCBRAVE and Scarecrow high five this.
  6. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Well, on April 7th, CJ could show up and get injured. This would mean the Titans would have to pay him the 8 million this year. You want to risk that? Just to take out some butthurt revenge on CJ? Really?
  7. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $99
    I'd bar him from the facility
  8. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,585
    CJ isn't visiting TN til he has to sell his house.
  9. titans92790 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $1,506
    lol heard that one before....
    xpmar9x high fives this.
  10. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,138
    Like CJ actually goes to camp... LOL
    titans92790 high fives this.