Titans looking to trade CJ

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Two Kings, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You make a very good point. It would become all about the player himself. Guess I didn't think that one thru all the way.

2. JCBRAVE

It really is in CJ's best interest to restructure so that he becomes movable.

I mean if he sticks to his guns and isn't willing to play nice then he's really taking a huge hit financially, and he knows this.

In 2008 after posting just 316-yards and 1 TD, Michael Turner left the Chargers to sign with Atlanta for $34.5M. Now in 2014 Ben Tate's more impressive 771-yards 4 TD's only got him a $6.2M deal in Cleveland. Market for RB's has completely crashed.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

hopefully so.
    I would be in shock if we could pull that off. He is already over the hill in Running back age, especially ones who depend so much on their speed and shiftiness.

If anyone were offering a decent sum like a 4th or 3rd.. he'd be gone by now. Close to the draft, they'll be looking for young players with potential, I think.

I bet we're getting some lowball offers now.

Ben Tate, who likely has more left in the tank than CJ, got 2.5 million for 2 years.

CJ is worth no more than 3 million, maybe 4 if lucky.
    That is a 50 percent pay cut.

Why would anyone trade ANYTHING for CJ, knowing that they'll probably have to pay nearly double what he should get? If they let him get released.. mark my words, he won't sign anywhere for more than 5 million per.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I would be laughing my A$$ off if I could see the offers...Nobody will give up anything special for CJ, plain and simple....

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd be stoked with a 5th. We could use that to pick up a corner to help replace Verner.

6. JCBRAVE

No way a 4th round pick is handed to us, not when RB's are getting dirt cheap contracts and Knowshon Moreno is still out there for teams.

The big thing is whats CJ's number, what does he want to agree his value is.

If we can show that he doesn't want $7-$8M then we could possibly move him, but no team wants to pay a RB that kind of money.

• High Five High Five x 3
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

This is a bad year for CJ to be on the market.. for CJ at least. He should have thought twice about holding out for so much.. it will bite him in the butt.

I've learned my lesson.. never overpay for a running back.

The great RB teams rarely make noise in the postseason. AP-nothing, CJ 2009- nothing, Larry Johnson-Nothing, Tomlinson-nothing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Unless you are Seattle and have a filthy Defense..lol

9. JCBRAVE

Yup the game has completely changed from just 4-5 years ago.

RB has always been my favorite offensive position, seeing the NFL evolve in the way it has has really shifted the workload from the RB's to the QB's. It used to be almost 50/50, but not anymore.

If youre a team still trying to run your offense thru the RB, you're doing it wrong.

10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar