Titans Looking to Increase Speed at LB

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

BAH! Keith is WAY better than Cato!:irked:

2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Sorry but I totally agree. Thats hatorade at its finest.

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

he was this year

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

[​IMG]

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

June had fewer tackles but more ints. I doubt you would see much difference if you swapped Bulluck and June in the Titans defense but I would say Bulluck is slightly better overall. June is a good player.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well unfortunately the stat sheet doesn't list how many tackles were 10 yards beyond the line of scrimmage....

From what I saw of the Titans, there was an awful lot of backpedaling on Bulluck's part when faced with a direct blocker. That's not saying he's not a good player, but without good players around him, his play will drop as well.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Bulluck took bad angles and blew tackles in space, particulairly early in the season, allowing a lot of big runs.

Bulluck would be a terror on a 3-4 assuming he was allowed to blitz, which is a dirty word according to Dehr Schwartzie - and we all remember Schwartzie saying you CANNOT BLITZ Manning. Yeah right tell the squeelers.

And on that topic Bulluck had 4 sacks in the 4 Titan wins, 1 sack in the 12 Titan losses.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not to defend Dehr Schwartzie but if we had Bulluck's equal on the other side I would suspect we would see more blitzing by the LBs. The problem with blitzing Bulluck is we are left with Sirmon or Kassel trying to play the pass and on top of that our Ss stunk.

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Kinda off topic, but I hope my eyes deceived me some this year....because Bulluck looked a little slower. I guess maybe he could have not been giving a full effort in a bad season. There were plays he didn't make this year that it seemed he would have in years past.

I could have been drinking too much during the games though. Sure I wasn't alone :drunk:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar