Titans Looking to Draft Playmakers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

man, just think of the speed having DJ and CJ
    I'd figure having both on the field at the same time could be dangerous

why another RB ? you can never have too many good RB's

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

there's a difference between "scat back" and "small back".

scat back is a back that can't run between the tackles, doesn't run with any type of power and uses only speed. guys like reggie bush, trung candidate, tatum bell and michael bennet would be scat backs.

guys like tiki barber, maurice jones-drew, michael westbrook, warrick dunn, willie parker, barry sanders and marshall faulk were small but versatile enough to be able to use speed and catch the ball, but they could also run between the tackles well.

3. Architect

Architect Pain Train

oj! hahahahahahahaa! and I go to UT! J Mayo, the OLB from THE University of Tennessee

4. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Ok, I can kinda understand Architek confusing OJ and Jerod, but how you got wide receiver out of Derrick Rose bewilders me. :suspect:

PA, I was wondering if I was the only one that caught it. :ha:

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

OOPS. lol. I was at work when I wrote that post. Go figure.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So then we are just rolling with Kearse/T.Brown/AH/KVB on the D-line and hoping AH, Kearse both stay injury free and that if either is injured that T.Brown and whomever can hold for the d-line? And so we are also content with R.Hill being our best backup CB?

Can't go RB this draft. We are too weak on defense to ignore it.

The first two picks have to go WR-DL/CB.... or DL/CB-WR.

This is Chris Henry's year to see if he can become anything in the NFL. Another year like last season certainly won't cut it, and then in 2009 we'll be looking RB.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We do have other draft picks than round one or two and there is no reason to take a reach player just because we need depth on defense. If a real stud is available then we draft him but only if a CB or DL guy is the BPA.

8. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

I understand your definition, just don't necessarily agree.

A scat back is a quick and agile back.

What you are calling a scat back and a small back is the difference between my "good" scat back and just a scat back. Same deal with a "good" power back and just a power back. Its all relative to their production. Barry Sanders Dave Meggett Tikki Barber and the like are successful scat backs because they are able to run between the tackles.

9. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Titans need to draft at least 2 playmakers in the 1st 3 rounds no matter what the position. Maybe in some order a Desean Jackson, Quentin Groves, and Fred Davis combination or throw in a RB instead of Davis.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

that makes them versatile, not scat backs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar