Titans Looking to Draft Playmakers

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by goTitans.com, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm a bit spooked at his lack of production against quality opponents. I don't see this as being much different than the criticism people had of using a second on Chris Henry.

2. I think there are 2 ways to look at it. There's no doubt the lack of production against quality defenses is a red flag. But on the other hand, his OLine would have been at a big disadvantage against those opponents and that would have allowed him fewer opportunities. If the talent around him had been up to the level of the defense, how would he have performed?

There's just no way to know. I wonder what other former college RBs had the same question and how they did in the NFL. Certainly Brian Westbrook would have to be on that list.

3. TitanJeff

Dinger took a lot more deep shots back then while he had McNair in his prime.

I think R. Williams and Gage both have the potential to be a deep threat but not with the consistency the Titans need for defenses to respect it or scheme to stop it.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

good lord, i'd forgotten all about candidate. perfect example though.

5. TitanJeff

Yup. Trung is a prime example. It happens every year. One or two guys who are no higher than a third-round pick run a great 40 and spring up the draft boards.

The NFL loves speed.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

2 more words: Chris Henry

8. TitanJeff

How fast is necessary for a change-of-pace RB to White? It doesn't appear an accurate 40 time for White exists but SI had him at 4.65 going into the '06 draft.

Johnson's 4.24 is amazing but Henry ran a 4.36 and is over 30 pounds heavier. We know Henry can take a hit. His blocking improved throughout the year. I don't think Henry has the natural running instincts we'd like to see but it's far too early to give up on him which taking Johnson or another RB early does.

If the Titans take a RB before the third round, then they're admitting White/Henry or both were bad decisions. Both of those picks seem to be have been heavily influenced by Fisher which calls to question his ability to evaluate RB talent.

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I really think Mayo was the most overrated of the freshmen this year. Give him a few years and he will develop into a really good point guard though. Since he didn't declare for the draft, I really think we should use our first pick on Derrick Rose. That kid is a pure playmaker. :ha:

10. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I definately agree. I think it is stupid to go into the first round with the intentions of drafting a defensive player, let alone a linebacker. We are fine where we are, there is a lot of defensive talent deeper in the draft. We don't need first round talent on defense. We have a great defensive line, a superior linebacking corps, a group of talented DB's...we need to get a WR who can stretch the field. This is a make or break year for Vince, so we need someone who can help him develop. Brandon Jones, Byron Ealy, and Chris Davis just aren't going to cut it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar