Titans looking for new athletic trainer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

holy **** batman. This is a HUGE hire!!

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The protein shake I use has 62 grams of protein and about 1000 calories.

I need the calories. Like I said the only change I made to my diet was the protein shake. Everything else I do almost the same. I started to gain that not "good" weight pretty quickly, so I only assumed that much of that drink was just turning into fat.

I'll just keep experimenting, but at least I've found ways to gain weight - even if it's not "good weight." It's been a struggle.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Don't take gainers they are filled with sugars and high glycemic carbs. Just get Whey Protein and use that. Add calories if you find yourself not gaining via milk, honey, pb, oats, bananas, etc. Cleaner calories and you have more control over how much you are consuming then with a weight gainer. Take in two scoops a day which will give you roughly the same amount of protein as your other shake minus about 800 calories.

4. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

I used to buy gainers but they are too expensive per serving. I have now been buying the good ole five star protein from walmart and adding stuff to it like xhrr describes. Still getting monster gains without spending a fortune. But, xhrr, the whole glycemic index has been pretty much debunked.. a carbs a carb period.

can someone give me the tl;dr version of how this turned into a bodybuilding thread.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

"Athletic trainer" then something bout braves bad posture... And bam here we are.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

True to an extent. It isn't as important as once thought but it is still a piece of the puzzle. Much better carb sources are available plus things such as fiber, micronutrients, phytonutrients, antioxidants, etc. are important for not just gaining muscle but overall health. Maltodextrin is going to have/do none of the above.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Everyone is going to be different, different things work for different people. Whey protein isn't even the best option and cheaper isn't always better when it comes to protein. In all honesty, you can get buy without even taking protein shakes period. 10-35% of your daily calories should be proteins. That will be different for different people. If you are working out strenuously (not just bench press and squat with some curls) then you will be more close to the 35%. Just because you take more protein that doesn't mean you are going to build more muscle. Your muscle need more than just protein.

You should be anywhere from 40-65% carbs. YOU GET YOUR ENERGY FROM CARBS!!! It baffles me when I hear (women mostly) say they are going to cut carbs out of their diet completely! That is not healthy for you at all. Now if you have a higher metabolism or you are very active then you will be able to take in more carbs without them becoming "fat". If you aren't super active then you should be closer to the 40% mark.

20-35% of your daily calories should be fats. There is a difference in the fats you take in however. Saturated vs unsaturated. This is probably where most diets tank (mine included). Any kind of nut (walmut, almond, etc.) Peanut butter, salmon, tuna, stuff like that those are good fats for your body to take in.

I too am 6'2 about 180 and have really struggled to gain weight up until recently. The bottom line is you have to take in more calories than you are burning. So if you are eating 5000 calories and aren't gaining weight, then you aren't eating 5000 calories. I have a hard time believing anyone with enough to be on this message board burns more than 5000 calories a day.

One more thing about protein shakes. I used to use Whey protein for a long time and it never did anything for me. I wasn't gaining strength in the weight room or putting on weight. Then I switched over the Advocare's protein shakes and put 60 pounds on my deadlift and over 50 pounds on my squat. I also put on 15 pounds in 6 months. I'm not here to sell anything (but if you want to try some Advocare that's cool too) just to say that different people are going to have different results with different products and techniques. Sorry I got so long winded!

8. xhrr

xhrr Starter

You lost me when you said Advocare. Also Advocare protein shakes put 60 lbs on your deadlift and squat but normal protein shakes did nothing. Welcome to Placebo population you.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. ThatTitansGuy

ThatTitansGuy Starter

I'm shorter than you at 6'0'' and I'm 202 lbs right now with 14% body fat (also strong as an ox). The key is to eat and lift heavy as **** then eat some more. I don't think "five star" protein from walmart is bad (even though its inexpensive).. especially the isolated whey version. People need to stop this brand name slavery. Emancipate yourself from it.

10. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

My apologies. I misunderstood the post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar