Titans looking for new athletic trainer

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Feb 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

That's what she said.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

How much do you weigh?

There's a lot of research out there and depending on how often you work out, theres a way to calculate how much you should take. The body can only absorb so much protein before it loses its benefits.

Im sure you dont work out more than 5 times a day, so multiply your weight times .45 (some argue .36) and thats how much you should base your protein intake off of.You also need to know much much you are getting from foods if you are serious about working out and getting optimal results.

There will be people who argue that but theres always people to argue everything.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I weigh 170, but I am definitely starting to gain weight too fast (and not good weight) because I've been loading up too much.

I actually cut back to probably 75-80 grams of protein a day... and 170 x 0.45 = 76.5, so that seems to be good.

Who knows what I'm taking in from food... Can't be very much because I've remained skinny since high school, eating whatever I want whenever I want. Crazy fast metabolism, I guess.

With my luck it will probably stop completely and I'll weigh 300 in a couple years.

4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

There is no "set" answer and its argued from nutritionist to nutritionist and from trainer to trainer.

The good thing, is that you can be flixible.

I definitely would take a look at the food you eat though.

This is ballpark, but

Hamburger patty (4 oz) had 28 grams of protein in it
    A steak (6 oz) had 42 grams of protein
    Most cuts of beef are 7 grams of protein per ounce.

Deleted, heres a link

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/highproteinfood.htm

When you consume more protein than your body needs, the excess is turned into energy or fat.

If you dont have a diet, your protein intake will be unbalanced. Its always good to know (if you care THAT much) how much you are putting into your body from regular, everyday eating.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. xhrr

xhrr Starter

LOL at getting fat from too much protein. So much misinformation in this thread it's hilarious.
    70-80 grams of protein at 170lbs? Good luck gaining anything. You're gaining bad weight because of all the ****** carbs you eat. Just about everyone in America is fat because they over indulge in carbs. The food pyramid has fuked the world but made a killing for doctors and big pharma.

6. XO

XO Nevada Native

There is truth here.

Keto diet shreds me.

I drop weight scary fast when I eliminate carbs.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

You're eating 5000 calories a day and getting fat, so you cut protein? Lol.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Where did I say I was getting fat? I weigh 170.

A lot of the protein I was taking in was turned into fat... A lot of the calories I had came from my protein shake.

Before I started working out I would say I averaged 4000 calories a day. No idea how much protein, but it was an okay amount... no gaining weight. Then I upped it to 5000 calories with roughly 100 grams of protein. It was just too much protein, and a lot of it started turning into fat, which is why I gained weight quick.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I have literally facepalmed very hard from this page.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Let me spell this out for you since this is my background. The protein you are taking in is not making you fat. Do you realize how hard it is for our bodies to turn protein into fat even in excess.

you are consuming 100 grams of protein a mere 400 calories out of 5000. That leaves us with 4,600 calories coming from fat/carbs. That is your problem not the protein. Your protein is far to low. ~ 170 would be sufficient. If you have trouble gaining stay closer to 170 or even higher. Lower your carbohydrate intake if the weight you are gaining is not "good" weight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar