Titans looking at DTs. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

The Titans usually bring FA's in throughout the season to "update the files," so I'm not alarmed.

I'm reading it's just an emergency list, in case another DT goes down. Brown's injury isn't serious, but it's one of those where rest and rehab is needed. So it's important not to rush him back too soon, but if another DT goes down, we'll need to bring in another body instead of rushing Brown back into the lineup.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Barry Cofield of the Giants is a free agent next year and i would love to get him. A great fit for that defense as well as ours he has 3 sacks already.

Greg Williams will want to try and get him for the Saints they almost traded for him once already.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

^^Yes Brown, Jones, and Cofield would be the greatest DT rotation ever.

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

My assumption with Cofield is that they would release Haye who has fallen below Marks on the depth chart and even at a much lower weight doesn't seem to be making a lot of penetration.

Probably won't happen since Washburn loves Haye's work ethic. Haye makes $3M in salary next year and $3.7M in 2012. Maybe that money could be better spent.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=10312&draftyear=2006&genpos=DT

We need guys who move well at a full 300 lbs. Codefild ran a 4.95 40 at his combine at 305 lbs. He also benched 35 reps so he is a guy who can explode upfield like we want but can also be stout at the point of attack.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

And couldn't do a damn thing! He's a ways away from being any good. The only nice thing about Marks is his quickness. He'll be able to gain experience and get stronger, but that's not happening over night. It wont be until the 2011 season before we get anything out of this guy.

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I've always missed Mookie. Stupid colts taking our PS-ers.

8. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

I've never said this before but I like the way you think

9. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Marks is a nice player i like him.

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I think people are underestimating both Marks and Haye. They played well in the pre-season and haven't completely dropped off when they've been put on the field.

This team has some depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar