Titans look to bolster home noise, home record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Have Titans home crowds been quieter this year than in the past?

One might make that guess based on the fact that through three home games in 2012, no visiting opponent has taken a false-start penalty.

That’s in contrast to the past five years, when opponents at LP Field were flagged for 69 false starts, tied for the third-highest total in the league behind Arizona (82) and Detroit (71).

“I don’t think it’s been quieter,” Titans defensive tackle Sen’Derrick Marks said. “The Pittsburgh game wasn’t quiet because it was a pretty close game. Detroit wasn’t quiet either because it was still interesting and a lot of people were still into it.”

Speaking of home games, the Titans on Sunday will be looking to record their third straight victory at LP Field, something that hasn’t happened since 2009 when the Titans posted successive home wins over Jacksonville, Buffalo, Arizona, St. Louis and Miami.

Overall, the Titans have been a strong home team at LP Field, producing a 67-40 record the stadium opened in 1999.

“That would be big for the organization and the fanbase,” Marks said of a third straight home win. “But I personally didn’t know that stat. We’re just keyed on winning the next game and continuing (the overall) winning streak. We want to get back in the hunt and get back to .500, just go out and take care of business this week.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Can't count the Thursday night game since 40% of the stadium were Steeler fans.

Overall, I think the Titans fans react to what is happening on the field. When the defense is playing well, the fans are loud. That's not been often.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

... what have we had to really cheer about?

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

totally agree.

1Q third and 14 Im banging 2 chair backs and yelling my face off - 21 yard in too the TE for a FD

2Q third and 2 Im banging 2 chair backs - RB plunge for 4 and another FD

3Q third and 8 Im banging a chair back - QB drinks a cup of coffee before deciding too hit the flanker comming back too him for 11 and another FD

4Q third and 1 Im sitting on my seat waiting for the D too make a play - QB sneak for the yard and a FD

ect...

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

67-40 at home huh... I remember when no one walked out of The Coliseum with a win, man those were the days. LP Field is the 2nd worst stadium name in the NFL, man do I wish we would change that thing.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Back when we could play defense and bring pressure! Before the mush rush and the constant zone coverage. Days when we brought our style and made other teams adapt to us. Now we just sit back, and have done this for several years now, play our zone and let qb's carve us up. On top of that we cannot stop the run anymore.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Reading this thread makes me depressed and now I'm sad. Happy sadderday.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

• High Five High Five x 4
    • Boring Boring x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I love that artificial line they have drawn...

granted there was a couple of decent home Ws in there.

Appears the Titan FO has stopped selling blocks of tickets in the away markets - finally.

10. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I remember when everyone used to talk about our stadium like they do about Seattle.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar