Titans look healthy overall for season opener

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

There are some injuries that could hamper the Titans heading into the season opener against the Patriots.

Rookie defensive end Scott Solomon underwent arthroscopic surgery Friday on his knee, likely because of general wear and tear. He could be ready for the game but probably won’t be active.

Tackle Mike Otto is still recuperating from a broken hand and coach Mike Munchak said it will be “another week or so before he’s playing.”

Players who missed Thursday’s game included linebacker Zac Diles (hamstring), defensive tackles Jurrell Casey (elbow) and Sen’Derrick Marks (knee), as well as cornerback Ryan Mouton (concussion), but Munchak sounded optimistic about their chances for the opener.

“The good news is that the guys that we sat out last week, it was more to rest some nagging things or things that happened the week before,” Munchak said. “We feel good about all of them, that they all should have a really good chance at practicing all week and being part of the game plan and playing on Sunday.

“I think right now, through these next couple of days, we’ll probably rest some guys. We still have time here these next few days, so we’ll be smart about that. I think we feel pretty good about the condition of our team.”

Source: Titans Insider

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm hoping Casey gets to 100 percent quick

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

I hope you are right. I don't see the offense carrying this team. If their gonna beat the Pats they'll need to keep Brady on his back (kinda like the Giants did in the superbowl).

4. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Yeah, we need Casey and Marks back 100%. I imagine that Klug will play a lot against the pats though, since pass rushing is his thing, and the Pats don't run the ball ever.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Lol, given the Pats OL woes and how well our front 7 has looked most of the time, I'm a little worried about starting Brady in one of my FFLs. I hope we bury him.

6. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

If we play zone coverage, mark my words it is brady for 400 and 3 to 4 TD's. Broken record but the worst thing to do against these top teir qb is play the soft zone and mush rush. I do not think gray will do but if he does look out!

7. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

totally, totally agree. Jerry Gray needs to show he's a good defensive coordinator this season and bring more pressure. The Titans defense was terrible last season and alot of it was because they were so passive and only rushed 3-4 while letting the opponent dictate the pace. If that happens this season again they will be no good once again, alot of what makes NFL defenses good is the playcalling they have because all of the teams have similar amounts of talent

8. Na$hville

Na$hville Veteran

Yep if we come out playing soft brady will light us up. Our defense needs to be in his face and throwing him around for us to stand a chance. We can definitely do it with the right playcalling.

9. Super-PAT

Super-PAT Practice Squad

First of all let me wish the Titans an injury-free opener against the Pats. You are correct in the assertion that you need to pressure Brady to win, but you cannot do it by blitzing. To beat Brady you need to create an interior rush that collapses the pocket and prevent him from stepping up. Brady will east the blitz all alive and throw it to the uncovered man. Brady has one of the quickest releases in the game, so pursue needs to cook me quickly, and from the d-line up the center, something that the Giants are unfortunately very good at. If the Titans win it will have to be from generating pressure with the front.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Nice post, welcome aboard.

And we are pretty good at creating an interior rush.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar