Titans look at Leftwich won't mean a change in Nashville

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Give the guy a break. He's played for some awful teams, like the Raiders, and we put him in the lineup with no weapons and while he did not fully know the playbook.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Collins has dropped some weight and is much more mobile. I've been shocked to see him take the ball down and run more than once. Even more shocking is he's scooting along at a good pace when he decides to run.

And he's willing to throw the ball downfield more than Vince. I think he's a good compliment to Young and a solid influence. Vince said so himself in an NFL interview this week that Collins was helping him along with Dinger and Craig Johnson.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The average yardage per pass in the nfl is around 7 give or take 10%. Collins in his career has averaged 6.6 yards a pass attempt. Last year collins averaged 6.48 yards a pass. Nice theory about him throwing downfield but the yardage he creates per play isn't any better and has never been above average. Actually below.

4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I say we pick up Chris Leak. He was released right?

5. vslyke

He could not make it with the Chiefs, so he would have no shot here. Plus, it's too late to bring in a QB to learn the system. We'd be better off with Martin.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Okay. I didn't know he was with KC.

7. vslyke

Well, he tried out for them, and did not make it. He's in the CFL now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar