Titans, Lewan agree to contract

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bucky0782, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

That plan revolved around around Peyton Manning getting the ball to those guys and putting up a giant lead; unless you can get that two touchdown lead that the Colts were use to then your pass rushers won't be as effective.

Without an elite QB that plan just doesn't work.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Both you and I wanted Teddy at #11. Each year in recent history I have looked back and thought "wow, if I was our GM (at least in charge of 1st round duties) we would be way better off." And that's true... for the most part.

2011: Wanted Quinn
    2012: Wanted Poe
    2013: Wanted Lotulelei
    2014: Wanted Bridgewater

2012 is really the only year that's not applicable because Poe was long gone, and we couldn't have done much better than Wright at #20. I admit I HATED the pick, not because I thought Wright was bad, but because we had bigger needs. I love the pick now because my top 3 wants when we were on the clock were DeCastro, Mercilus, and Hightower.

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yes. I still wanted bridgewater even after the LT pick.

We coulda drafted Teddy and still gotten Hyde as well.

But I ride with my team... Let's hope it's finally lockers year... (Who tf we kidding tho)

4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

I never noticed that your a major locker knocker.

And i thought you were cool

5. RavensShallBurn

I probably would've gone with Hyde too, but I think Sankey is an all around back and will be able to do more in the passing game than the other backs.

Forget the "unimpressive, boring tape" talk... He led the nation in rushing. And I'm sure there have been plenty of guys to do that and suck in the NFL, but I think Sankey is a hard worker, strong character, team player type. And that's why we favored him over Hyde/Hill.

I'll take a boring style runner if he leads the league in rushing. Eddie could've been considered a boring rusher too... beast though. I don't think Sankey will be quite as vocal and tough as Eddie, but I bet he sticks with us for a long time. I hope, at least.

I'd buy his jersey right now if I was confident he would keep the #20. With my luck I would buy the jersey now and he'd change his number after preseason.

6. Clark

Actually... I completely wanted us to Draft locker.

I stand with that. I think he has the talent/drive to get it done. I do not believe he has a body that can hold up in the NfL however.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. RavensShallBurn

Drafting Teddy and supporting Locker as the starter still would've been plausible. In fact, that's what we would've done.

If we took Teddy, Locker still would've been the starter week 1. If Locker has a great season, that's awesome. We'd all be happy. We could either move forward with him and try to trade Teddy or vise versa (letting Jake walk and moving forward with Teddy).

We'd have so many more options if we had gone this route. Instead, now if Jake gets hurt or doesn't play well we have to take a QB in the 1st next year and let him be the starter from the get go.

8. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Wait, a 1st round pick gets a $10 million signing bonus before even playing a game?

9. RavensShallBurn

There's nothing wrong with his body/build. He's a big dude. He's just injury prone... maybe that's due to poor dieting/training or maybe it's bad luck. Idk.

But yea... I expect him to be hurt by week 5. I hope I'm wrong.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Clark

That's where I'm at with it. Injury prone. Or bad luck... And I expect more of the same. Unfortunately

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar