Titans lack Franchise Players on Offense.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

No it isn't but did you just fall off the turnip wagon or something.

We used the 8th pick in the entire draft on a QB and signed a prtty good vet QB
    Last year we used our 2nd pick, a 3rd rounder on a WR.
    Oh, we didn't have a 2nd rounder because we traded it away to get Cook in the 3rd round of the 2009 draft. You remember that one right, the draft where we took Britt in the 1st round. Oh, we took Chris Johnson in the first round the year before.

Heck, going back to VY in 2006 where we took a QB and RB in the first two rounds the Titans have used (and in some cases wasted) so many picks in the first three rounds on offensive players they fell behind on defense. Even though they used a 1st on Griffin in 2007 they drafted Henry and Paul Williams with the next two picks.

Since 2007 if my math is right we took 8 players on offense and 8 players on defense in the first three rounds. Of course in 2006 we took Young and LW. In fact since 2006 we have taken 4 offensive players in the 1st round and only two defensive players.

On top of that what were we missing on offense again? CJ should be (he is getting paid to be) a franchise back or did getting 2000 yards in 2009 not mean anything. CJ has almost 4600 yards in his first three years and he isn't now a franchise player?

Britt is obviously a franchise talent. He needs to stay healthy.

The team last year obviously needed a franchise QB. Since they hit the jackpot with Hass (96 QB rating, averaging close to 300 yards passing a game) and used an early pick on Locker I'd say they addressed that pretty well.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

3. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Are you the guy from Street Fighter?

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I think this franchise was on the uptick the day fisher left! We have a qb, qb of the future, CJ (had the smash but fisher loved nickey), Britt, and a solid line except for the center! Make the move for LLOYD and this team is winning the division this year! Most people had us 6-10

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am curious how this franchise will work in the off season. Given the events last year, they were kind of forced to take a QB, now that we have an option to pick something else of need, I wonder which way we will go.

Its so easy to say who/what we should draft, but you never know who we could pick up in free agency. Right now, I think OL is what needs to be addressed first, followed by defense. Assuming all the right players fall in our laps. I am a fan of taking the best player available, unless its something we really do not need, like a QB or another high pick on a running back.

7. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

No that is Ryu.
    My name is from a RPG in my sig on Dreamcast.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If Hasselbeck keeps this up, there's no reason he won't play (and start) all three years of his contract with us.

No need to rush Locker. He wasn't supposed to be NFL ready.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ws & Ls will dictate.

JL already has some game action - awsome INC! and a number of handoffs without looking lost.

10. T-Rac

T-Rac Resident GoTitans Brit

Locker definetly needs to stay back, although one injury to Hasselbeck and we could be seeing the next Tom Brady in Tennessee :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar