Post-Game Thread Titans @ Jets Post-Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I didn't see a bunch of guys quit today, but Griffin certainly was shying away from contact on 2 of their TDs.

The Jets are a very solid team...from an offensive standpoint it is really hard to sustain drives against them because they are so good at all levels. You have to hit the home run on them to score....if Douglas had any speed he would have been gone on that one slant.

The Jets are just much more talented and experienced than we are. The talent issue certainly lies with Webster.

Again I will stress that we have to become dominant on one side of the ball or the other this off-season....my choice is to put our resources towards the offense since we have our franchise QB....protect him better and give him weapons.

2. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

I was at the game and it was horrible, truly awful. I feel bad for the hundreds of fellow Titans fans I saw today.
    A team totally devoid of talent in all three phases of the game.
    It was a terrible matchup man for man against the jets from the start.
    I feel bad for Mularky, I don't think he can do much.
    What has happened to our defense?? Mr Lebeau? Got anything for me?

3. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Okung has been a huge disappointment, and Andre Smith is one payday away from Haynesworth-ing himself out of the league. Serious motivation issue.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

The fact that they have worked on the O Line for 3 years with this as the outcome means we need a new GM, period. While we've been working on our O line other teams have reloaded and are contending. To me that means Rustin is in ay over his head. The Adams Family needs to open up there checkbook and get Floyd Reese back ASAP. He drafted all of the good teams we fielded during the last 20 years, and has also spent time in New England and has seen how an organization should be run for long term success. It's too important to Mariota's development to continue to screw this up any longer.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Time to move on from Griffin, I mean I've been saying this for 3 yrs.

He's the type of player you cannot build a team around, quiet, soft and way overpaid.....sends the wrong message to other players.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I would have no problem if Reese were to become the next GM...he has a good record for drafting OL, but also had Munchak who was great at coaching them up. I hated the fact that Reese put us in cap hell partially by giving Olsen and Pillar big contracts for OGs. But it shows his commitment to building a strong OL and I believe that the newer cap rules make it easier to avoid cap hell.

7. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

For the most part, the guys that were put in position to make plays just aren't good enough. Cox did piss me off. He misses too many tackles and watched the one TD.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Wow. I didn't realize that.

9. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

Great loss today. Locked up the #1 pick again today. Just need to lose out

10. cozmicfool

cozmicfool Starter

I actually think we may have the #2 pick behind the chargers. I'm not sure though... Interestingly enough I'm wondering what direction we go in. I'd rather have #2-5 than #1 overall. Harder to trade that especially when the world knows we not taking a QB. What would be interesting though is if we took the BPO then traded him for multiple picks later lol

I think the slotted draft slots works against that or something lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar