Titans @ Jags Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Puck, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moose4now

moose4now Starter

Vince, Vince, Vince, Vice, Vince. :grrr:

Here's the deal, folks!!

VY has played the grand total of twelve regular season games in the NFL and you people seem to think he should be out performing the likes of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

Wake up!! :grrr:

In terms of games played, he's still a rookie in the league. He has a lot to learn.

His time will come.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

We are the team that has won 7 of our last 8. Maybe Vince gets it. And the critics in here don't. At some point, I am curious, will the people critical of his play ever jump on board and just let go of what they appear to see. It's like trying to get luke skywalker to take his visor off. Just let it go people. Vince does it his own way. And we keep on truckin. Don't we? Have we stopped truckin yet? Anyone? Are we not hotter than hell right now?

3. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

We're gonna have to let the 3 LB's get involved on the LOS if we're gonna stop the run against Indy...

4. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

I dont see the problem with Vince's play today. Sure he was making some throws that made you scratch your head, but he managed the game and aside from the interception didn't do anything crazy. I mean, he was at one point in a rhythm, but seemed to lose it when we abandoned the pass and went strictly with the run. It's cool - if anything I'm disappointed in the Red zone offense. For all those yards we had, this game shouldn't have been as close as it was.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I didn't, but i sure as heck wouldn't be one bit surprised if i did.
    Classic LT.

6. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

Here's my 2 cents. On offense VY was okay. I'm sure he'll be better. The O-line was great. White is okay. He just don't have the moves. He just seems to run so far and go down. He's good, I'm just not crazy about him myself. Brown defiantly showed he can do it. I'm not sure who should be the starter but I really like seeing more of a two back thing. The Defense was great. So much better than last year on stopping the run. I do miss Pac. as well. Our return game could use a boost. And our secondary wasn't too bad today. But when we play Indy. it better step up more. I hope Harper remember how to catch a Manning ball.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I though VY had a poor game but:

A] It's the 1st game of the season & QB's & offense's are often not in sync on opening day. Just look at Brees & N Orleans.

B]The Jags have a very tough D & VY may have been schackled to limit the turnovers had against them last year.

C]Let's not forget how improved he looked in the last two pre season games.

D]We executed a game plan against the Jags & it worked brilliantly.Not exciting for some tastes but I loved it. The Jags will be reeling after that beat down.

It doesn't mean that's the formula we'll follow all season.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

Some Nice Words

"Who said the Titans don't have a running game? Chris Brown wasn't Tennessee's first or even second choice to fill their lead rusher role, but he's looking very No. 1-ish about now. Brown went crazy against the vaunted Jaguars' run defense, rolling to 175 yards on 19 carries (9.2 per rush). The Titans had an eye-popping 282 yards rushing against Jacksonville, with LenDale White chipping in with 66 yards on 18 rushes.

Makes you wonder what Jags defensive tackles Marcus Stroud and John Henderson were doing with themselves all day. In truth, we shouldn't have been quite so surprised by the production of the Titans running game. Tennessee was starting to run the ball with authority in the final two weeks of the preseason." - Don Banks; http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/don_banks/09/09/snap.judgments/2.html

"“They were filling the gaps pretty good,” said Jaguars quarterback David Garrard, who accounted for 24 of Jacksonville’s 72 yards on the ground. “It was just a good defensive effort.”

Taylor has enjoyed success against the Titans over the years. Last season, he and Jones-Drew combined for 366 rushing yards in their two meetings against Tennessee. But on Sunday, the talented tandem had little room to operate as Titans defenders were quick to the ball and consistently stuffed running lanes all afternoon.

"We’ve got to go back and watch the film, but you’ve got to give them credit,” Taylor said. “They obviously did their job.” " -- Adam Zinser
    http://www.titansonline.com/news/newsmain_detail.php?PRKey=5030

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Okay, here's my thoughts too.

CB looked really good, and I can't front, I was ready to move on without him, and still will be if he can't stay healthy. But in all he didn't do anything he wasn't already capable of execpt finish the game. Much props to him.

The O-line played extremly well.

Finny will be ok, for his first NFL start, I think he did ok. Like everyone else said, the Safety (CH, or Lowry, I couldn't tell) guessed wrong and jumped the corner route, and allowed the Slot to run straight down the middle. Finny obviously thought he had help over the top, b/c he was playing off. If he knew he'd be man up he would have been in press coverage.

The D-line got some good pressure, although I would have liked to see the QB getting off the ground more. AH made him throw inaccurately a bunch of times, especially down the stretch.

And finally, VY. His effectiveness in the passing game comes from the playaction game. The Jags were not allowing the playaction to happen. Their front line was trying to keep VY in the pocket and not allow him on the edges, that's why there were alot of plays where the LB, of D-Linemen were right there on the play action plays, they were rushing outside in, which explains the holes up the middle, and the man up blocking the O-line saw. The Jags played the whole game that way. On the opportunites that VY did pass down field, they were a little inaccurate, to his credit, he managed the game well, except for the INT and fumble. I believe we'll see more passing & running from him next week, b/c the colts will not commit to VY like the Jags did, especially since they saw what our run game is capable off when you play that type of Defense.

In all, A win, and a division one at that is great, Let's go get two.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Deja vu all over again!

We looked like the 2000 titans. Not pretty but effective. Great defense and a great running game exactly what we have been waiting for.. How great was it to win a game and not need vince's heroics?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar