Titans @ Jags Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

What if he does? What if he doesn't? If he does he can learn from it. But it beats watching Derek Anderson or whoever else Carolina has. We had the ball for 40 seconds in the 3rd quarter and 0 points in the first half. Obviously our offense sucked and the future of the offense isn't with Hasselbeck.

How soon people forget the Collins vs. Young debate in 06.

2. Woy

Woy PA's finest.

Quick thoughts on the Titans:

- The first half was just awful. Both the offense and defense looked out of sync, which I should have kind of expected with a new regime and the lack of an off-season.
    - Hasselbeck should be a capable option when he gets time from the offensive line. As the game went on, he started to gel with Britt a little more and had a few good throws to Nate Washington as well. Jared Cook was a disappointing non-factor.
    - Jaguars defensive line dominated us, especially in the run game. CJ didn't have many holes to run through.
    - Play-calling got weird and predictable on both sides of the ball late. Four straight runs before the second TD to Britt would be acceptable if there was a lot of time still remaining in the game. You can't just waste time like that when you're playing from behind. Gray sent Finnegan one too many times on the nickelback blitz and McCown made him pay with that big third down throw to Mike Thomas. Thomas is their #1 option and instead you blitz your best corner and leave Barrett Ruud to cover him? Baffling.

Disappointing loss, but I expected to start out of the gate slow because of the lack of chemistry among other things. This will still be a solid team by the end of the year.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

yep we needed 20 yds..everyone on here knew it so did the Jags...why not take a chance on the long throw to Britt. If he had hit Britt it would have been a TD..game over we win.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

NO identity, no leadership!

That game was a complete joke. We had no business being in that as bad as we played offensively and defensively. Terrible coaching, terrible play calling, terrible executing, terrible just all around. We wont win a game if we play like that the whole season. That was the most basic offensive game plan we will face all year and we couldnt stop it. For real the jags offense looked as basic as a middle school offense. Thats just pathetic. And in the clutch as always hasselback choked. Put in locker, at least hes a leader and is clutch.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Munchak said he wishes he could just walk away from this team and start over his life.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We have more changes than almost any other team and were largely expected to struggle.

CJ has been with the team 10 days QJ even less.

I can understand the pitiful offense.

Whst surprised me the most was how badly our D line got pushed around. Marks got punked every down he played. I don't get how coaches can't see that. I'll be very concerned if he continues to get playing time.

We played fugly football and I'd say that we're in deep crap against the Ratbirds next week.

7. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Washburn was a keeper...

8. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I keep telling you guys that it's only preseason. Why would we show everyone our best today?

Just wait until the regular season before we start to panic.

9. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Are you freakin' kidding?!?!???
    Warner was the back up. He had more than a few weeks to learn the system.

10. Blue Gorilla

Blue Gorilla will play Safety for food

We looked terrible. Going to have to be patient with this team... saw some flashes of some good things. AKA Kenny Britt.

Working on a six pack of Bud Light as we speak. When you're numb it doesn't sting as bad.

:toast:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar