Titans @ Jags Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I stand corrected. You are right.
    But still.....that would have made a huge difference in the time and the guy was wide open over the middle when we knew the yardage needed.
    Again, I stand corrected on that statement, but the overall point was that the defense SUCKED!

4 simple points that will lead to a loss 99% of the time:
    - Can't run the ball.
    - Can't STOP the run.
    - Can't convert 3rd downs.
    - Can't get off the field on 3rd downs.

Titans today:
    - check
    - check
    - check
    - check

2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

The Titans O-Line should be biggest point of emphasis during Ratbird week.

The Team settled down some on both sides of the ball, and I don't have a gloomy outlook here, but the one unit that just got whipped all day was the O-Line. I thought Hasselbeck adjusted well to having a putrid line in front of him as the game went on. The RB's had no real chance today. Munchak and Mathews need to coach em up and fast!!

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

you must have stepped out of the room whenever a Titan safety was on the field

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Notes from today's game

The Good
    - Nate Dogg made some nice catches and took some hard hits.
    - Britt is a beast, now please stay outta' trouble!
    - Though our D got pushed around, they stepped it up in the redzone... Jags really should have had at least 30 points today.

The Bad
    - CJ... our o-line didn't give him a lot of big holes, but he wanted to be paid like a top playmaker and top playmakers still make something happen.
    - Matt Hasselbeck- Other than that one nice throw to Nate over the middle and the floater TD to Britt, he looked like KFC out there.
    - Our defense, especially the d-line getting pushed around, was tired of seeing them get 6 yard bully runs every play, it was the same thing last year.

The Ugly

- Play calling especially on third downs.
    - Barrett Ruud, he was a liability today.

5. kstone

kstone Starter

Also, they need to work big time on cutting down the penalty's. Special teams getting a penalty almost every time they were on the field in the first half got old quick.

6. razordaman

razordaman Starter

What I didn't like

The biggest thing I didn't like was Munch on the sidelines. He has no passion nor excitement. The players reflected it especially on the defense. There just isn't any emotion on the field. The illegal man down field twice shows a real lack of coaching and yet he made no indication that he was the least bit upset about it. I'm real disappointed with the O-line to. They are supposed to be our best asset, yet today they were beat badly at almost every turn.
    Show some passion out there......

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Could be crazy- but does this o-line maybe not like blocking for certain players?... I mean, we've heard hints of things like that happening before, but I'm not sure just how accurate it is.

Doesn't make sense to me any other way.

8. Black66

Black66 Starter

Munch definitely didn't show any fire or emotion out there. It was his first game as head coach so he probably wasn't in his best form. I think we'll have a clearer picture of who he really is after a few more games. This upcoming Ravens game is going to be a huge test.

9. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

If we can only win one game this season and I get to pick which game, it'd be the one against Baltimore.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Some of you have commented on why some threads are merged and others not on gameday. If the topic of the new thread is already being discussed in an open thread, the two are merged—especially if it's just a rant which is all too common after a Titans loss.

If the new thread is unique, or makes a strong point, it's usually left alone.

I encourage all to post in the gameday thread if their goal is to vent. If it has some uniqueness or substance, feel free to start a new thread. If you find your thread has been merged, you can easily find it with the "search this thread" feature within each thread to follow replies. Just use your name in the advanced area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar