Titans @ Jags Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bababooey

Bababooey Guest

When your RB gets 9.2 YPC, you don't f**k with the pass game.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Exactly. Vince did fine. If we had scored TD's today we'd be hailing his efficiency. He was basically three yards away from having us look at him with a rose colored lens. The guy moved us up and down the field all day. I really have no complaints.

3. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

No, it was because Vince had left the field for half time to get an IV.

4. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

IV or not, Young doesn't have the arm strength or accuracy to make that throw... thats why Collins was brought in. The IV was for show. Young played like garbage... I would have been happy if he could have hit the receiver above the waste. I said this before we even drafted him... the Texas receivers made Young look all world. Now he actually has to read a defense and throw the ball to a specific spot.

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Actually, I think Vince was a liability today. We won in spite of his play. His throw's were wobbly ducks, way off target, his fumbling, he just looked out of sync today.

It was a great win for the team, because they proved (to everyone and themselves) that they are not a one player team. Vince can have a bad day (which he had today, and everyone is entitled to now and then) and the Titans STILL won. There is talent on this team. Maybe not enough to win a Superbowl YET, but there is talent on both sides of the ball.

As much as people like to build up VY, as being a player who wills his team to win, you want a team that is capable of winning even when VY is having an off day. Today, the Titans showed that. This looks like the early nucleus of a team that will win the Superbowl sometime within the next 3-5 years.

The Titans window of opportunity has begun to open again...

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

This game was won on the LOS today.

7. Hoffa

Forgive me, LOS?

8. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Line of Scrimmage...

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Best thing about today is we were simply more physical than the Jags. The lines on both sides of the ball simply pushed the Jags around all day. In the heat, we looked twice as well conditioned. If you get line play like we did today, you'll win a lot of games. It won't be easy, but if they can control the line against Indy we should be in for another close game.

Vince looked out of it - never comfortable in the pocket at all. Not sure if the INT threw him, but they were in his head today. Didn't even appear to be the leader he usually is... I can deal with that - it won't be a habit with him.

Another thing I was pleased with was our secondary. Yes, Finny got beat deep once - although maybe the safety was supposed to be deep there. But all in all Jax gave up the run game, and really didn't get it done in the air when they needed it. Only gave up 6 passing first downs. Several passes broken up, and probably 2 INTs that they should have come away with.

Also only 4 penalties - 2 of which were completely bogus. Titans played very disciplined football today. Vince struggled a bit, but didn't try to force it, and was content to take his check downs as long as the Jags were going to give it to him. Got a long way to go to be a serious playoff contender, but they made big strides in several key areas today. I'll take a division win any way I can get one.

10. Hoffa

I agree, it was BOTH lines, the O and the D lines...

I was not so impressed with the secondary, overall. I think they were adequate, they showed some flaws.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar