Titans Inviting Free Agents

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HorusKing

HorusKing Guest

Lets trade for Larry Fitzgrald or Roy Williams for our 2nd round pick.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't believe in bringing in anyone without upside until after the draft. Douglas isn't known to be very strong against the pass which we need from the DE in this scheme. Kearse is damaged goods.

Together, they would be a major dropoff from Odom/LaBoy and we'll be back in the same situation next season.

The Titans are playing it smart. They need to look at players and update their files. If they have holes after the draft, that's when you look at 30-year olds and those guys who have injury issues you give one-year contracts to (like Moulds).

3. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

The Titans? Go ahead, name their leading receivers from last season. Don't feel embarrassed if you can't answer!!!

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Waiting and wanting
    Young left on sidelines as free-agent help passes by... This 2 article came out of Jim Trotter> Inside The Nfl on cnn si.

5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

:huh:

The Titans need a #1 WR who can stretch the field and be a go-to guy. There was no one outside of Moss who fit that bill. Berrian shows potential but do you invest more than $42 mil on someone who isn't a proven #1 and has only one quality season under his belt? Obviously, time will tell but everyone else was a huge step backwards from those guys and don't appear to be worth the deals they received. They certainly don't fit what the Titans need.

6. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

I agree that none of the WRs that were realistically available really fit the bill for what we needed as a #1. As such I am fine with not getting any of them now and especially for not overpaying for garbage like walker. Berrian is not good, and he will not be a good #1, stallworth is on 4 teams in 4 years, and was never that good in the first place. I would not mind getting Hackett but I honestly do not know if he will be a #1 WR.

Yes 85 and Roy Williams are #1 WRs but I do not think we had a chance at 85, and roy williams has had trouble staying healthy and has only posted 1 1000+ yd season (despite playing in a pass happy system). I am fine not getting them either, and hope that we can acquire some potential #1 in the draft.

Lastly for all of those saying we should get larry fitzgerald, please be realistic. He is not going anywhere, and he is also going to sign a huge contract. I think he would have been a great pickup but it is not realistic to have imagined he would have come, him and Boldin are the Cards franchise players and they are not going anywhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar