Rumor Titans interested in Trent Richardson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Mar 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. izzisdashiz

izzisdashiz Starter

If Gurley is sitting there at the top of the 2nd round, how many folks would want us to draft him?

I'm torn especially after taking a RB in the 2nd last year, but getting a healthy Gurley in the 2nd round is a heck of a value.

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

annnnd this is when that Sankey pick comes back to bite us. I like a lot of RBs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds but doubt we go with any because of our invested 2nd. If Gurley is there in the 2nd I could actually see it. Anyone else and it would be a pass.

3. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Raiders signed RB Trent Richardson, formerly of the Colts.

Why not? Richardson is very likely coming at the league minimum with little to no guaranteed money. The Raiders will give him a look-see during OTAs and see if he can make it to training camp with the club. If he doesn't cut it, the Raiders can release Richardson with no penalty. It's a bit concerning for Latavius Murray owners that the Raiders seem pretty hellbent on adding bodies at running back, but we wouldn't consider Richardson a real threat until he shows something on the field. The former No. 3 overall pick is still just 24.

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

What we did last year doesn't matter. Giovani Bernard had a very successful rookie year. Yet the Bengals still took a RB in the 2nd the following year.

If Gordon or Gurley somehow make it to #33, we should take one... unless another top player has fallen that we can benefit more from.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

It shouldn't matter. But drafting another back early would basically be admitting that Sankey was a terrible pick. I just don't see Webster doing it.

6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Not necessarily, Bengals drafted hill the year after getting gio. If an elite RB is there(gurley/gordon) you can get him. RBs are interchangeable and really you need 2 good ones now a days. Obviously, the Bengals could have stuck it oUT with just gio, but they thought hill was something special that would help the team (and they were right). if we do get gurley or gordon, it doesn't mean sankey is now irrelevant, it just means we now have 2 good rbs(One possibly game changing and elite).

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

what if Sankey gets hurt? 2 good RB's is a good thing

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

What if our line learned how to hold blocks for a second longer, create actual gaps/creases to run and cut-back through, and get to the second level?

Now THAT would be a good thing :)

9. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

I have to agree, I don't see anything wrong with picking up another RB in the 2nd this year if they think he's going to be a game-changer. The Titans are not nearly good enough to be passing on playmakers because of who is already on the roster.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Yes that would be...but can't blame the line for everything :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar