Titans Interested in Manning?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pobo90, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Exactly. Everyone seems to think he won’t be the same Peyton Manning. I think we can all agree we don’t want a crippled peyton manning on the roster taking up cap space. He’s going to have to check out physically, and if/when he does I see no reason not to pursue him.

2. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I said it before, I want Peyton here if the guy is healthy.

For the last few weeks, it really looked like he was going to have to retire the past few weeks. But the last week or so, with the video of him coming out throwing, I think its obvious he is going to play.

I am not opposed to him coming in after a really good physical, and wording in his contract that helps us get out if he gets reinjured.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think people are forgetting that he sat an ENTIRE NFL season..

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Neither did Tom Brady

But I see your point, and if this was not Peyton Manning we were talking about, I would want nothing of it. We will not have to worry about him putting the time in to learn the offence and spend time with the players.

Say what you want about Manning, but he is going to pull soooo much more extra revenue in for the Titans. To top it off, he does some many things for the community. He would be an excellent fit in Tennessee. I don't think we go after him, but it would be nice.

5. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

Exactly.

Manning on this team is highly unlikely, but anyone who thinks our FO won't at least inquire about his interest level in TN is deluding themselves.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And?

That's definitely an item in the "con" category. But it certainly doesn't overshadow or outweigh all the pros. A healthy Manning would instantly upgrade all but a handful of NFL teams. Keyword: healthy.

7. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Bud Adams would have to be the guy to get Peyton in TN, then the rest of the guys wouldnt be happy.

Munch and his crew must see Locker and Hasselbeck as better QB's than Peyton Manning.

8. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

But not enough. One SB ring for probably the best QB of all time.

Manning didndt win anything until his Defense stepped up and ours is already hurting. Getting manning would ruin any chance of our defense improving.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Dont get me wrong...I think a healthy Peyton makes any team better. But the key is healthy...and by healthy I mean healthy enough to take some good hits and not have the nerves in his neck and arm go haywire again.

He can run around and throw a football on YouTube all he wants....but I dont want to risk cash strapping this team, that needs way more talent in other positions than just QB, just to have him get rocked by some defensive lineman and have him out the rest of the year or worse.

Selling jerseys does not win a Superbowl. Neither will our defense...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

You guys clamoring to bring in Manning are acting like the Titans will be bidding against themselves. Why would the Titans get into a bidding war with teams that, you know, are absolutely desperate for a starting QB when we already have one for the present and one for the not-so-distant future?

Ain't happening.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar