Titans Interested in Manning?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pobo90, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Me too. If he signs with the Titans that will be changing real quick like!

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Another thing I just thought of for those saying this will hurt Locker..

Hasn't Rodgers publicly said Favre was a bad mentor to him? And Rodgers sat for 3 years.. Neither sitting for 3 years nor having a vet QB not interested in "grooming" him affected Rodgers in the slightest.. It's all about the attitude.. If Locker doesn't have that attitude, then he probably wouldn't turn out to be a franchise QB anyways..

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

No one has brought this up yet...

Hasn't anyone thought about how Chris Palmer couldn't possibly coordinate a Peyton Manning style offense? Hell, he can barely coordinate a Hasselbeck offense.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

What about Palmer's great relationship with brother Eli? We (probably) slightly underrate Palmer.

5. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

Manning will not sign with the Titans......

here is why....

[​IMG]

No #18 for Peyton.

Sorry dude.

Number is taken.

Can't help you.

Bye!

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no, no, not like this.....

[​IMG]

LIKE THIS !
    [​IMG]

( 16)

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

The more I think about it....the more I think it may happen, unfortunately. Peyton has to be attracted to our pass blocking...safe bet to keep him standing upright. It would be nice to have his knowledge, accuracy and timing...but I'm still not sold that it's the best thing for the team.

My main concern with him coming in would be, the fact that he could potentially steal 48 games away from Locker. Manning would have to stay healthy....and yes Locker would need, to be able, to beat out Hass. So we sign Manning and he goes down...then we have Locker starting AND an injured Manning eating up cap space that we could have invested in offense and defense to support the starting Locker.

Best case scenario we'd be able to sign him to a one year deal with incentives. If anything, it could be an audition for him to earn a bigger contract with another team :cool2: by showing he was actually healthy and good for a full season. Or we could include an option for the second year, if you must.

Dreaming of Manning taking us to the SB is fun, I guess. :hdrool:

Manning was on another level when it comes to game preparation, but he did have those key pieces around him for a while. You don't create that chemistry and timing with one off-season. Obviously our offense would need to reach the same page as Manning..and that is neither quick or easy. He has only made the Super Bowl twice and owns only one ring; IMO he's going down as the greatest QB ever that constantly played mediocre in the big games.

8. DownSouthPlayer

DownSouthPlayer Starter

Denver talking like Peyton is a done deal for them.

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really hope he comes to a decision today, but I am guessing tomorrow.

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Peyton is #16 in Tennessee. Always has been

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar