Titans Interested in Manning?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pobo90, Mar 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Part of me would like to see it but I just cannot believe he would come here rather than play in a dome and throw to Fitzgerald...

2. ToddTheTitan

ToddTheTitan GoTitans Homer

I heard that, but let's look at the positives for him in Tennessee.

1.) He gets to play the Colts twice a year
    2.) Familiar with the rest of the AFC South
    3.) Offensive weapons starting with Britt and CJ
    4.) Quality blind side protection

The defense doesn't have to be great. He never had a dominate D in Indy. I don't want to hear that the Super Bowl D was dominate either - they gave up a ton of yards in a bend but don't break style that the Titans currently play.

The only problem as of now is the center position.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

By the way, I think CJ in a Peyton Manning offense is a perfect fit. Should be a wide open offense with holes to run through. Less yards, but bigger plays for CJ.

I doubt Manning has lost it yet. 6 weeks to kill the rust. but I do think it would take a year to sync up with the offense and receivers no matter where he plays, make adjustments, and click. Hasselback has been on the decline, but Peyton was still playing at a high level before the injury. I would like to see the offense open up with Peyton here otherwise what is the point. So there would need to be some changes in my opinion.

If he does come here, it would likely be because of his affinity for Tennessee. Since he's an emotional basketcase, I think that's plausible, even if Arizona has a better offense for him to fit into. Denver has the worst offensive fit. And Tennessee is pretty close to the worst. So Tennessee would be an emotional decision for Mr. Manning, but like I said, I think that's totally plausible for where he is in his career. It's obvious he's still trying to compete too, and that works against us as Arizona and Denver are in a better position to compete. As is Houston.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Does us having Chris Palmer make Peyton want in? Palmer was with Eli for his first championship.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Lol, will it matter? Peyton will insert his own offense anyway. I guess it depends on how well Palmer can teach that offense.

6. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

If Palmer gets Eli's endorsement it can't hurt. That's assuming Peyton asks for Eli's opinion on Palmer in the first place.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The hitches to Nate Washington... oh man. YAC, YAC, YAC.

Pump fakes for screens to CJ, etc... this would be crazy. Lobs to Kenny... Jared Cook being Dallas Clark but athletic?... Shhhhhiiii...

IF... his head isn't going to fall off of his neck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Holy sh!+ this could really happen. I wasn't even considering it before but with all that has developed I'd be stoked to have Peyton in a Titans uniform.

It would suck for Jake but if Peyton is able to get us a Super Bowl win then FTW, go for it.

9. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

We have all wanted to see PM destroyed at one point in time or the other.

Our luck, itll come after we get him.

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

haha probably so. But then people get Jake to come in... Not a bad backup plan.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar