Titans interested in hiring Gregg Williams (now hired)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

It will be interesting to see what kind of changes Williams brings to our defense this season. I would be more excited if he was a coordinator.

2. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

Well, Goodell still has to reinstate him so this isn't inked just yet. It's hard to argue against this move. I think Williams will actually hold guys accountable where as I'm pretty sure Munch can't even name his starters on game day. I hope Williams brings some energy back to this team.

I don't like the fact that if this does happen, every time our d steps on the field it's going to be put under a very large microscope. We don't need guys life Wiffin playing any softer (hard to imagine right?) out of fear of fines because they know they're being watched much more closely.

Kenny Britt should be happy about this. There's no way his name ever makes off season news if we make this hire!

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Next time Britt's name is in the news it may begin with "Titans release troubled WR"

4. SoCalTitan867

SoCalTitan867 Starter

And I would be fine with that.

5. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He will be... Lol he's gonna have some strong hand in things.

6. Maker_84

Maker_84 Starter

exactly, this would be a great hire. The defense last season had no identity or sense of direction and he would provide that and also be more aggressive

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Why do people keep posting as of he was going to be our DC. He will not be. He will have the same job Mcginnis had in 2011.

Everybody calls Bud cheap but look at the extra coin we are paying for coaches.

Williams as assistant HC-Adviser.

An assistant D-line coach just for the pass rush.

Matthews has an assistant for the o-line. Munch didn't have one.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

He was not hired to be our DC!!!

9. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

If he only had a few more players that weren't legendarily awful.

10. dgup76

dgup76 Starter

Associate HC and his expertise is defense. I take that as he will be running the defense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar