Titans interested in hiring Gregg Williams (now hired)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I wonder what former saints players think about Williams. The saints are switching to a3-4 defense which means that will smith and vilma are both probably cap casualties. I wouldn't mind vilma as our MLB.

I think his blitzing style fits brown and ayers nicely.

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

GW threw Vilma under the bus in Bounty Gate.... If Williams is on the staff, don't think there is a chance Vilma would come anywhere near the TN border. Although I like Vilma as a player, he's a big mouth arse

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Pretty happy with the hire, personally I wouldn't mind if he became the HC if Munch doesn't improve. As long as he gets a say in the defense, we should see an improvement.

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I thought it might be too good to be true. I'm also glad that other fans are happy with the hire. Maybe we can all try to be optimistic about the rebuilding of our franchise. Hopefully this year was our biggest growing pain.

A little off topic but did any of you notice the comments under the article?? Completely different from here. I'm more of a political debater than football debater these days but there's been a flood of government and disinformation bots lately. I'm glad to see that this place is still full of actual Titans fans and not mass spam bots.

5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Why is Jerry Gray still the DC? He's the guy that chooses "ask madden" on defense.

Also, last night, I had a dream that the Titans gave up 90 points in a game against the Jaguars, no joke.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. J Falk

J Falk Starter

This is badass.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

As Titanium said, Vilma and Williams won't co-exist after Bountygate.

If we were to get a former Saint, my money is on Tracy Porter, who hardly saw the field due to injuries in Denver this season. Williams has always wanted corners who excel in man coverage and Porter was very good under Williams in New Orleans.

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I personally think this is a great move, the whole bounty thing doesn't bother me at all. I'm tired of watching flag football. Hopefully, Williams can inspire our guys to stop playing titty tag and go out their and hit someone.

9. Danimal

Danimal Starter

Add Williams to the staff and we can cut Grey mid-season, ala Palmer, to cover the Munch when we come out of the gates loosing.

10. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

I endorse this 100 percent. When he was with us, our D had attitude and swagger. I truly feel that we are 3 Key FAs (Levitre, DT, SS) and a great draft (if we can get an OL that can start on week 1, and one def starter at DE or DT), then we can easily make the playoffs. Williams will throw different looks on D by blitzing more than just one LB (or just sending our front 4). He is going to make MCcourty earn his money bc he will be one on one bumping the WR.
    Verner said it best when he said that we need an attitude adjustment. Well, if Williams comes, we'll have attitude.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar