Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Titans interested in hiring Gregg Williams (now hired)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titaneers, Jan 26, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 7 users.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $9,783
    According to the press conference, this will be a co-coordinator situation. It sounds like Munch forced it on Gray who either has to accept it or lose his job.

I hope we hear from Gray soon. Regardless of how good they worked together in the past, this has chit storm written all over it. I hope they can find a way to make it work.
  1. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $1,959
    As if my team couldn't become a bigger joke; we hire the guy who puts bounties on players. The same guy who, literally, every NFL fan despises. The same guy who has no business coaching at any level is now my co-defensive coordinator.

You mean to tell me of all the defensive minds in the NFL and College this is the best we can come up with? Munch is the biggest idiot and I'm sick and tired of defending this S*%t bag!!!

So let me get this straight... the worst D-coordinator and the worst in the history of this franchise still has a job and his "helper" is the "Bounty Gate" coach. I'm just done. :anon:

2. amy Starter

Moolah:
    $1,704
    Then by all means, get another team to follow. Your negativity is bad for the team. and the rest of us. and take your paper bag with you.
    J Falk, nbtoppers2 and Titan43 high five this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,236
    I'll be honest... Scarecrow and myself had brown paper bags ready to go at the Steelers game.... luckily we didn't have to use them.

:anon:
    Scarecrow high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $379
    say what you want about Hass, but he beat Pitt and thats more than you can say about some QBs.......
  3. Titan43 Starter

George
    Moolah:
    $534
    I honestly didnt give a S about bounty gate from the beginning. I thought it was funny that williams was suspended right after fishface hired him. But I honestly thought the whole thing was over blown.

And i could care less about his "image" or how the nfl perceives the Titans... honestly most people probably wont realize he is on the Titans, because most people dont pay attention to the Titans. Or if they do, they will soon forget about it. Plus is Williams is successful then every will forget about bounty gate. Thats just how memory in the nfl works.
  4. LoneWolf Starter

Moolah:
    $2,302
    Maybe we should have the whole NFL wear skirts and pom poms, seriously for every fan crying about Williams and the bounty system. It's the NFL not flag football, if it takes more money to make these guys play harder than so be. I'm not for trying to injury other players, but come on this whole defense needs to get more aggressive. Wish our players played like Ronnie Lott and Joe Greene.
    J Falk, Titan43 and nbtoppers2 high five this.
  5. The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Brown
    Moolah:
    $13,715
    To be completely honest and I'm not just saying this because he's our coach now but I didn't see that big of a deal with it. One of my roommates and another good friend are Saints fan and we thought it was a total joke. I really do think everyone has their own little bounty program, maybe not as serious/big as the Saints but come on who doesn't reward a player with a big hit? What player doesn't go for the bone crushing hit?

Also how much did they actually prove at the end? Was Goodell just going after the Saints or did he actually have some real evidence?
  6. Smash Vikings don't wear purple...

Schwenke
    Moolah:
    $1,302
    Disgusting! - You really wanna hit that?
    [IMG]
  7. J Falk Starter

Moolah:
    $13,862
    Hells yeah...this is badass...Gregg Williams' as an assistant coach/d coordinator? I don't understand why people are thinking this is a bad thing. Our team needs exactly what this guy brings us: a badass attitude. Who cares if other fans hate him? Either way, it can't get any worse than what we have already...

I'll root for Gregg Williams and his bounties over Bill Belicheck and his Spygate any day of the week...