Titans interested in Brandon Lloyd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lilkhmerkid4u

lilkhmerkid4u Somebody Saveeeeeee Meee!

Didn't we waste a pick on Quinn Johnson rental for 4 games? lol what a waste

2. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

Nope it was only if he played a certain number of games with us, which he didn't reach.

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

nah... we basically got him for free since he didn't play 5 games..

4. TitanHope

TitanHope Camp Fodder

You don't trade a 2nd RD pick for a 30-year old system WR who's in the last year of his contract. All things being equal, I think a 3rd would be appropriate. But, we'd have him for 11 games, already have a longterm #1 WR in Britt (although we're without him this season), and Hands is playing well. So I don't think a 3rd would be a good idea either. Unless he agrees to an affordable, new contract, which would allow us to not have to use a pick on a rookie in the 2012 Draft. Britt, Lloyd, Hands, and DWill would be the best group we've had in.... :suspect:

I think a conditional 2012 4th RD pick and Lavelle Hawkins would be reasonable. Gives them a veteran WR so they don't have to sign a FA, and the 4th RD'er could increase to a 3rd RD'er if Lloyd goes insane here.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

I'd rather trade that 4th for Haynesworth. :grrhee:

6. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I'll take James Jones for a 5th

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I'd absolutely trade a 4th for Lloyd at this point. Maybe even a 3rd, that's a bit of a stretch though. Certainly not a 2nd.

8. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

You obviously are blinded by your love for CJ that you cannot be unbiased.

If Ringer had CJ's touches his ypc would be much more respectable and closer to his career average.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

lmao..my post was a sarcastic tone since everyone brings up stat's for a few games as the measure of how CJ will be for his career now.."washed up" as some have said. I know Ringer isn't awful. He is an average backup RB who can probably get close to 4 YPC for his career if he was starting behind a decent line.

10. pettso

pettso Starter

I think Ringer would crush CJ's numbers if he had his carries this year. And that's not meant to be a compliment for Ringer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar