Titans interested in Brandon Lloyd

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lilkhmerkid4u, Oct 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

i understand the hate... but WVU would have advantage recruiting more north players than the rest of the SEC... compare the yards to the LSU game to how many yards they've allowed against the rest of the schools played combined... we're still a very young team and lost a few key players to graduation and to do that against the number 1 school in the nation is very promising...

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Well at least we would have a starting back that can move the pile.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Before anyone gets started about Reggie Wayne being traded, that is not a real rumor. Schefter said it as one of those "this is a trade that should happen" things and not actual news.

As for Lloyd, I believe he is definitely on the block. He's in the last year of his deal and the Broncos have promising young players like Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas (if he ever gets healthy) and even Eddie Royal behind him. They are clearly a rebuilding team and it may not make sense to commit money to him.

Lloyd makes sense as a trade target. He can stretch the field, make circus catches and really replace a lot of what Kenny Britt did (not completely, but better than anyone else on the roster now). That said, he is 30 years old and arguably has only one good season under his belt (last season). Before that, he was known as one of the least reliable receivers in league history.

The idea of trading a 2nd round pick for him is insane to me. Maybe a 4th, but a 2nd is way too much to give up for what might amount to a rental player (he will want a big contract after this season). The Titans might see this as their year (all they have to do is beat the Mario Williams-less Texans), but you can't mortgage the future like that.

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Nah, we'd just have a starting RB that'd add to the pile of garbage we already have.

5. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

lol we dont have a running back we have one of the top playmakers in the nfl

6. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

this post deserves some attention.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

If you're going to trade a high pick for a 30 year old player, you'd better be dang sure that they are going to be all-pro level.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

Denver wanting high draft picks for crap isn't new.... remember what they wanted for orton during the offseason?

9. TheTitan

TheTitan Defense or Die

A second is too steep in my opinion, especially for a guy who has had one good year. I'm all for parting with a fourth though. Get a veteran with Nate to help us make this run to the playoffs. Then next year when Britt comes back have a 3 headed monster at receiver, assuming he proves he can play.

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

If we could get him for a 3rd I'd probably pull the trigger. A 2nd is definitely too much though. Even a 3rd is questionable but we're so thin at WR I'd be okay with it.

We all know Lloyd isn't quite as good as his 2010 stats suggest. But he'd be a pretty significant upgrade over D-Will and Hawk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar