Titans in the mix for Cutler?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Probably not- but it certainly appears a higher probability now than it did before.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

stranger things have happened before. Who would have ever thought that Denver's new coach would start trying to trade Cutler just as soon as he got there.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Funny...

Sounds like he read my post. He wrote basically what I MADE up about Washington's offer...

Gut

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

I think the Titans would have to have a conversation with Collins about whether he wants to go to Denver. If he doesn't, the only way to make this trade to work would be to trade say our first this year, next year, and give them a player(s)...and then Collins would retire or be cut and we'd eat 8.5mil.

I think if Collins is willing to go to Denver, this could work. Our 2 first rnds and Collins...and let them have a White or Scaife or Crumpler (hopefully not someone like Finngean).

I could live with giving up our first rnd picks and Collins since hopefully our picks will stay at the back of the first rnd. Add Holt and I think that's more of an upgrade at QB and WR than we thought we could get.

I give us a 25% chance at getting Cutler. I'm good either way! As long as they look into it...like whether to re-sign AH...and make a smart decision, I'm happy.

Gut

5. Riverman

Yeah- I could see us picking up Holt and maybe giving P. Williams another shot and trading denver our first, Collins and maybe even LenDale (he is from Denver isn't he?) Not sure what we'd wind up with doing Vybaby Young.

6. HALL97ROX

HALL97ROX Camp Fodder

Don't the Titans already have a prima donna QB? Do they need another?

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Well, we have one, but he can't play ball. Cutler at least is legit. VY can continue to be a night janitor while Cutler takes the reigns.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 4EverYoung

4EverYoung Camp Fodder

ESPN said Cutler was 13-1 in games that the broncos allowed under 21 points. The Titans allowed 21 or more points only three times, Indy twice and the Jets.

No doubt he is a better quarterback than Collins, but I wouldn't have Finnegan in the deal.

9. Riverman

I don't know why but I have a feeling Dinger is done with VY and actually wrote him off last year. I suspect he is lobbying hard for Cutler.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

He also said he doesn't expect the dark horses to be anything more than just being fun to talk about.

It's not happening and thank God for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar