Titans in the mix for Cutler?!?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Was listening to local sports radio and of course, Cutler came up after Bowlen said last night they have to trade him. Being in New York, the conversation mostly centered around the Jets.

The Jets originally stayed quiet when all this Cutler stuff erupted bout 2 weeks ago while the local media was going crazy (seeing as the Jets currently have Clemens and Ratliff (WHO?) as possible starters). Then, last week, when McDaniel came out and said he and Jay were gonna work this out, I found it strange that the Jets made it public that IF the Bronocs were gonna trade Cutler, that they'd want in on the action.

So I'm expecting the usual...the Jets should do this but they'd have to make it a 3 way since the Broncos want a starting QB back. Then, one of 'em says he was talking to a certain ESPN source who has connections in Denver (Schlereth?) and that 10 teams have already called and 5 teams have made initial offers. The 5 with deals already being discussed - keeping in mind this is 'what they heard' - are Detroit, Bears, Browns, Skins and TITANS?!?!?!? I almost drove off the road!

Then they teased me by yapping about how Bowlen's statement is gonna kill what they can get back now that teams KNOW they have to trade him!

Then, from what they hear...

Detroit is offering the first pick in the draft this year.

Bears are offering their first rnd pick, Orton, and a 2nd next year.

Browns are offering their first rnd pick this year, QB Quinn or Anderson, and WR Braylon Edwards.

Skins are offering 1st, 4th, QB Campbell and TE Cooley

And get this...

Titans are offering their 1st, 3rd, QB Collins and CB Finnegan

OUCH!

The other 5 teams basically need the Bears or Browns to be involved in a 3 way deal and those teams won't look into that until they can't get Cutler themselves.

They think the Jets need to pony up WHATEVER it takes to get Cutler...but then they had Trent Dilfer on and he basically had the opposite view. Dilfer doesn't think Cutler makes good decisions in crunch time and that the Jets are supposed to be a run heavy team, so critical mistakes is a bigger factor than throwing for 4000yds.

He made some good points...and even mentioned he thought it would be a mistake to trade for a 'gunslinger' if you don't have that type of offense. The guys disagreed with Dilfer (even though he's won a Super Bowl) and thought Cutler's throwing bad picks at crucial times could be corrected with good coaching...apparently we're all NFL experts!

Let the Cutler bashing begin...err...continue...

Gut

PS - Most of the above is true except that the Titans weren't mentioned and no offers are on the table and the 5 teams thought to be in the running (so far) are Detroit, Browns, Bears, Tampa Bay, and Wash. Clayton thinks there will be 10 teams involved. Dilfer did make those comments about Cutler but about a week earlier. He doesn't think the Jets should trade for him. Happy April Fools!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

no ************ing way we offer finnegan. we have no depth behind harper and finnegan as it is, and right now, his contract is a bargain compared to what guys with lesser skills are getting on the open market.

edit: you *********************

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I thought that sounded a bit excessive, but long posts from gut seem to be anyways haha. Good one, man. You had me until you mentioned the Titans.

4. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Oh April 1st...

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Midnight can't get here soon enough..

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Totally forgot about April Fools... the sad thing is that like 5 people have already fooled me today :(

Oh... and I got that stupid April Fools virus on my laptop, so yayyyyy!!! What a joyful day for me!

Worthless people that do that kind of stuff can go rot in hell. I hate them.

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Geez, Gut isn't thaaaat bad.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

This is about the worst time on the calendar for the gullible people of the world.

9. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I actually believed it until I read that Finnegan was in the offer. Finnegan ain't going anywhere!

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Fool me once ... shame on you

Fool me twice ... shame on me

Fool me three times ... ************ you.

or the G.W. Bush version

Fool me once ...... shame on ...... shame on you

Fool me ..... you can't get fooled again.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar