Titans in the Crumpler race

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Carpy, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

2. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Best news I've heard for the titans in a while. We definantly need to upgrade our recieving threats for VY. There has been some talk about his injury status, but I like to be optimistic and think that an injured Crumpler would be better than most of anything we have here.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Well, this is step 1. Obviously, we have to be one of the favorites especially seeing as Carolina is 4 mil over cap. Hope MR gets this done.

4. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

If he's healthy then there is no excuse for not signing him.

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Other than having to overpay horribly....

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I he could be signed at a (somewhat) reasonable price, without blowing the cap number, I say don't hesitate.

Just do it.

And, then draft a WR in the 1st round for VY, and look out for this offence!!

7. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Titans Interested in Crumpler

SUMMARY: Count the Tennessee Titans among the teams interested in talking to former Falcons TE Alge Crumpler who was released last week. “He is in a position we have interest in and he’s been a productive player," Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt said of Crumpler. “Watching tapes of him, there is still a lot of good there." Crumpler plans on attending the NFL Combine next week so he can visit with teams interested in him faster. "We can kill five or six teams in one day as opposed to getting on a plane and go to each one," Crumpler's agent said. 'Those who are serious, then we can fly in the next week and do a physical and see which way we are going to go."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

8. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

That would seem another issue with Crumpler. I'm pretty sure he will want to cash in... But if it isn't absurd, we have plenty of money... and I think we should spend it. That is what it is there for.

The only thing negative about getting good players is... they cost money... more money than average players. We could definantly use him. To say he is an upgrade for Troupe would be not only be an understatement, but a sickening degree of truth.

9. moose4now

moose4now Starter

I say bring him in for a visit.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Dude is 30 coming off an injury. Gotta be careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar