Titans in for Dre Kirkpatrick?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I have a terrible fear this is correct and is what will inevitably end up happening.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I'm gonna be pissed if they don't address our lame ass secondary. We have got to upgrade, Sims is not the answer. We need to sign at least one starting caliber CB and a couple more for depth.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I just read Mularkey say "you can land CB's later in the draft"

theyre going to pas on a CB again! :disappointed:

we're in year 4 or 5 of me calling for an elite CB to be drafted and it just doesnt want to happen.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

Kirkpatrick is by most accounts the 4th best CB available. He is going to getting around $9-10 million a year easy. Same as Ryan. Bouye and Gillmore are going to get 12-14 a year.

I am fine spending a bit, but we need to carry 10-15 million over for next year.

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm not sure that would be that bad. I think Sims will be good.

So you might be looking at Bouye/Sims/Awuzie/McCourty/Reed/McCain.

IMO, that's a decent improvement.

6. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Its gonna be Kirkpatrick-type mid FA, McCourty, Sims, McCain, 3rd rounder, 5th rounder

Thats not bad anyways. We don't need to overkill it. I don't think Jrob or Mularkey/DLB value the position that much.

Add in better safety play in Adams, or another Dline threat (Campbell??), and you can hide our CBs better.

Sims is coming along nicely, McCourty has one more season left in him. I though McCain was actually pretty decent for a slot CB at the end of the year.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Sims was the highest graded defensive player in several games at the end of last season. He certainly has potential. I agree that we shouldn't disregard him to quickly.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that the CBs performing so well today at the combine is gonna drive down the price of free agent CBs

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

We hope...

10. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

were about a week away from knowing what they are doing in the draft. If they sign a few FA CB's, i see them picking a safety in the draft and grabbing a WR. If they land cooks or jefferey or someone in FA, then i see them going corner in the draft.

This is the deepest draft for secondary in years, so if they can work out some of these positions in free agency, the more leeway they have come draft. We'll know alot by this time next week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar