Titans Hosting FS Rashad Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Playmaker, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenlawler

Greenlawler Gorman Thomas Fan Club

The Nelson to Titans rumors seem like an agent's doing.

I would love it, if it were true but it seems suspect.

Nelson wants to re-sign, but no one was willing to dance with him outside of Cincy to drive up his price. Guessing the agent is touting our Titans as a suitor.

I actually hope I am wrong and we are in play here, but I believe it's just a
    "long con" to get Nelson back in brown and orange.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I think JR said it to someone and Kuharsky tweeted it yesterday.

3. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Kuharsky said:

Asked about Reggie Nelson, Titans GM Jon Robinson says Titans have "touched base" with safeties beyond Rashad Johnson, including Nelson. Touching base may not amount to much.

This doesn't sound like a visit. It sounds like a whole lotta nothing. Oh well.

4. Rudad

Rudad Starter

Terry McCormick of titaninsider.com is reporting that the Titans will host former Ohio State safety Vonn Bell for a private workout.

[​IMG]
    FROM OUR SPONSOR - ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW

[​IMG]
    Searching for the History of Your Grandmother’s Best Recipe, Chicken Marsala
    POWERED BY

[​IMG]

Bell is probably most known locally for his spurning of the Tennessee Volunteers on national signing day back in 2013. Bell instead chose the Ohio State Buckeyes, going on to win a national championship and play one of the most talented defensive groups in recent memory.

Bell played a lot of single high safety during his time in Columbus, but has flashed plenty of ability to play in man coverage as well. He's known more for his work in coverage than his run support. Bell is considered a touch undersized coming in at 5-11, 199 pounds.

This certainly aligns with Jon Robinson's plan so far this offseason. He's yet to address safety and tackle, so I would expect both of those positions to be addressed very early in the draft. It looks like Vonn Bell could be a very real possibility at pick 33.

More from Music City Miracles

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We are still 31 million under the cap, time to sign some players. Or is amy gonna pocket the money again?

6. Titan/Oiler34

Titan/Oiler34 Special Teams Standout

From what I've read and seen, next year's FA class will be stronger than this years. Some of the players who have signed deals this year will be FA's next year as well. An article on ESPN (iirc) explained how teams can beat the cap by rolling over extra money from one season to the next. This was a pretty weak group of FA's so I can understand IF this is the mindset. There is a cap floor but honestly someone else here may know more about how the rollover works and how it affects both floor and ceiling.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

there’s an important provision of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement

Under Article 13, Section 6(b)(v) of the CBA, each team may carry over any remaining cap room from one year to the next by submitting written notice, signed by the owner of the team, to the league office no later than 14 days before the start of the next league year. The written notice must indicate the maximum amount of cap room that the team wishes to shift from one cap year to the next.

So we know she is pocketing the money if she doesn't ask for the maximum amount to be carried over.

As a new GM I would try to rollover as much as I could so that I get a feel for what is really needed after my 1st yr on the job.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The titans always have carryover and never tap into it, as for the cap floor, it's a bit of a myth lol. The cAP "floor" extends over 3 years, this is finally the year teams need to get right with the rules or face fines.

9. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Yes we have money left to spend, but who is out there that is worth big time money? We have overspent for bad fits and mediocre players before and it has had us near the bottom of the league for some time now. Let's not do that again.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

I still think Jalen is the #1 pick. But the FO has to do their due diligence and look at all options. I'm sure they will meet with some OTs that will likely be around at 33 as well. They will probably even meet with players that aren't S/CB/OT that have 1st and 2nd round grades.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar