Titans Hopeful Young Returns to Practice This Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Actually, there was a strong consencus that all of a sudden or WR's were going to start to look great. Be it as it may, they did look better last game, so I guess depending on who you're asking that may be good enough for some....Until we start losing. It's all relative.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

UtdTitans said that all he heard in here was Collins was going to air it out and we would have a great passing attack. That is not all that was being said in here. This is a thread right after Fisher announced Collins would be the starter now;
    http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=40066

If you go through it you will see most people were saying as long as Collins didn't suck it up he would probably remain the starter. There was no widespread consensus that Collins would mean we would become a great passing team suddenly...

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

We aren't concerned with when the injury is 100% healed by medical terms. We are talking about how long until he can do everything he used to do. I never said all the pain would be gone, I just said that in six weeks it should be reduced enough that it doesn't hold him back. And I don't believe there is any evidence that his quad still bothers him.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Thank you for tuning into today's episode of "The Doctors"...

[​IMG]

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

no doubts the WR's have looked better catching the ball. Easy to do when the football is thrown where it is suppose to be.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Gotcha, but it remains to be seen if after 6 weeks, VY can do the same things he was doing running like before the injury. I doubt it. Look at what happened to Calico and Andre Johnson(last yr) with the same injuries. Also the fact that this is his first major injury, he's going to have mental(confidence) issues as well.

7. wplatham

You are absolutely right.

I'm not sure about Johnson last year, but I know Calico tore the ACL in either one or both of his knees. Not even close to the same injury there.

Yeah, like McCariens' first catch yesterday? It was a horrible throw. If Vince had thrown that pass there would've been 5 threads started about it on here.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Ty had a badly sprained MCL, came back and then completely tore his ACL because the joint was weakened and not as originally "Taut" as before. As for Andre, he did it in like the first game last year, and it was never right all year, even had another procedure done in training camp this year. These things tend to be trouble, if he was a pocket passer, it wouldn't affect him as much maybe. But since it is VY, his mobility is his security blanket, it might be harder for him to be the same.

9. wplatham

Ok, I didn't remember all of that about Calico. The hit that tore the knee up was so awkward that it may have happened anyways, but that's neither here nor there.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

1 or 10 horrible throws....hmmmm, which way would I go :brow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar