Titans Hopeful Young Returns to Practice This Week

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

I think we will see a better VY when he comes back.

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't know how, he hasn't participated in practices, positional meetings, or been involved in gameplan strategy or scheming. It doesn't just automatically come to you. not to mention, his knee won't be 100% until April.

3. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Four to six weeks, if it isn't reaggravated. And I'm not repeating the injury report, I've had a similar injury myself.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't care what the injury report says. I've torn up both knees, and it takes much longer for the joint and ligament to stabilize back to 100%, even if it's a grade 2/3 tear. He will have terrible lateral movement, but can run straight ahead:(

5. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

We threw the ball 14 times in the 2nd half last week. It's not like he didn't even have a chance to complete some passes.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Collins is not great, but he's doing better every week with fewer turnovers. No INT's last week.
    That's all we need. That's what VY hasn't been able to do. As long as Collins contiunes to manage the game and not turn the ball over he will start.

7. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

When vince first went down all I heard about on here was now with collins we're going to be airing it out and having a great passing attack. Now all of a sudden he's gone from great passer to manager of game. I think our defense is great but I guarantee we can't win in the playoffs if our qb won't be able to make a play in the 4th quarter.

8. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

You didn't listen to what I said. I said I wasn't going by the injury report, that I sprained my knee last fall. Just like Vince, it was a sprained MCL. The first two or three weeks, lateral movement still hurt and the knee was weak. But between the 3rd and 6th weeks the pain lessened dramtically. By six weeks in, it would just felt a little sore. That was for me, Vince will obviously be different. But saying it won't be well until April is ridiculous.

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I listened to what you said, I just worded it wrong in regards to the injury report.

Go ask your Orthopedic surgeon how long it takes for the ligament to regain its original Tautness. The time table to heal from the initial trauma is 3-6 weeks, then is the time for the actual damage to the tissues to heal. Notice how VY had a strained Quad last year that still isn't fully healed?

10. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

No, that's not all that was being said on here. Most people said that all we needed was someone to manage the game, and that Collins sucks but he can manage with fewer INT's than VY throw's up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar