Titans Hopeful for Odom Return Sunday

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: With the hopeful return of DE Antwan Odom Sunday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher feels it will help keep Kyle Vanden Bosch and Travis LaBoy fresh in the DE rotation. "We’re expecting if he can play he’s going to return to the high level of play that we got out of him during training camp," Fisher said. "That’s what we’re hoping for. It’s only going to give Travis (LaBoy) an opportunity to stay fresh and do what he does best. Now Kyle (Vanden Bosch) on the other hand, he’s not fond of standing on the sideline. (It will) give him a chance to come out, catch his breath and go back in. That’s what it allows us to do, kind of get back to that wave effect that we’ve had success with."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

did they ever announce what the actual injury was?

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Yeah. It was some kind of strange dislocation between the knee and the tibia and fibula that, believe it or not, is more common with rodeo barrel racers and paratroopers.

4. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Odom is a bust.

5. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Odom will get a sack Sunday.

6. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

positive is good..

7. Tennessee

Tennessee Guest

I would disagree, not strongly, but slightly... I think he has been effective in the way the Titans have used him.

Plus, DE was a necessity, and it is a challenge to find anyone better at end taken after him in 2004...

in his first two years with split time, he's averaged about 2 sacks a forced fumble or 2 and recovery, 11-13 QB pressures, also 1-2 TD's, plus he's good for about 45 tackles/year.

Not a bust IMO...

I'm looking forward to what he brings when he's healthy.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

as you like to say Great Fans :ha:

9. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

What about Robaire Smith, is he going to be able to play any in this game? I think we need all the help we can get on both O-Line and the D-Line...

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar