Titans holding steady at No. 1 in power rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky

The only thing keeping the Titans from being unanimous at No. 1 in this week's edition of our power rankings was James Walker's second-place vote. He's got Tennessee second, behind Pittsburgh.

While the potential for a game to be flexed into a Sunday night exists starting in mid-November, odds are the Titans' big Monday night home game against Indianapolis will go a long way toward crystallizing, or crumbling, the national perception of them. Tennessee is at Detroit on Thanksgiving morning for its only other national television appearance.

Here is my rationale on the teams where I was the highest or lowest vote on my own or with only one other panelist:

• Washington is fifth, I have them eighth. The loss to the Rams sticks and the Redskins didn't exactly handle the Browns, the only team that's beaten the Giants, who are responsible for the Redskins' other loss.
    • The Jets are 19th, I have them 22nd. Not a huge difference there. They stayed where I had them the week before even after a loss to Oakland. A generous placement, I think, based more on the bad teams behind them.
    Here's a breakdown of the division in the balloting:

AFC South Power Rankings
    RankTeamKuharsky
    Last Week
    Kuharsky
    This WeekPanel HighPanel Low1Tennessee111212Jacksonville5541716Indianapolis61571823Houston26241827 As always, here's a link to an excellent breakdown of the voting by NFC West maven, Mike Sando.

More...

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Pfft.. duh. It's the AFC SOUTH power rankings. :obvious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar