Titans Hire Mike Mularkey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Jan 16, 2016.

?
  1. Horrible hire

74.4%
  2. Neither pleased or displeased

12.2%
  3. Safe hire

10.9%
  4. Great hire

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

TJ said it better. Sham interview process.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Sure, but my point is does TJ sell his PSL if they interview McDaniels?
    I don't think it makes much of a difference..
    Wins have to come before any change in the support weather..

3. Riverman

Got it. I just used McDaniels/Shula as example of candidates that should've been interviewed if the stated intent of an extensive process was validate not bs. PSL holders have been holding out giving the organizations more chances for years. Being bold faced lied to is infuriating.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If we go another ten years without a playoff win I'll go ahead and say Amy was flat-out wrong.

• LOL LOL x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

When Marvin came along they were competing for first round picks annually - and for a long time. Marvin may not be the guy to get them to the next level but there is no mistaking that they have completely changed the culture there.

6. Riverman

Yeah but they did by taking chances on high talent low character guys. Reclaimed first rounders. Like Pac. No way this organization EVER does that sort of thing. We need an Xs and Os HC whose smarts win us a few games and gets the momentum rolling for ALL character types to buy in. Mularkey is NOT that guy.

7. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

I want to picket and flip out and burn all my titans stuff just as much as the next guy, but at this point, its almost March, its combine, and draft season. The best we can hope for is this team turns it around and starts winning, and Mularky can take credit for things he has no control over, and we as fans will be just as happy.

we have a wildcard in Robinson, if he can have an A+ Draft and A+ free agency, and the team can rally around Mariota, we might be able to turn the corner, Im not saying playoffs or anything, but this time next year we could be talking about being only a few pieces away from the playoffs. Thats really all we can do at this point, because Mularky is the coach, like it or not. We have to wait to start taking L's in September in mass quantity before we can complain.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Riverman

I agree with nearly everything you said except the bold.

I remain furious with AAS (ownership) with the sham president and HC "search" process. I've paid a lot of money into this team since they've been in Nashville. And this continued despite a very low entertainment return.

I'm not alone in my disgust of the way the ownership has valued the financial patrons of the organization. We deserve more from an owner than to be point blank lied to repeatedly regarding the administrative hires and direction of this team. And it is a pattern that somewhat precedes current ownership back to Bud.

I can do more than just "take it and hope for the best". I can quit giving my money to this dung-pile product. I can offer all the "rah rah" moral support free of charge. I can do it fanaticially. I sincerely hope the franchise wins.

But that is NOT what Mularkey means when he begs "to give us a chance". As a paying customer, I DON'T need his lame shrouded entreaties nor do I need AAS suggesting my dissatisfaction is because "I don't have a say" in who is hired.

What I need (and deserve) is ownership that values people who pay money into the product. Owners that respect their paying fanbase. Owners that appreciate paying fans are integral to their own financial interest in the franchise. A bit of transparency and open discussion regarding their desires with the administrative actions is paramount to a fanbase that will financially support a team during the nadir of parity. Based on ownership's actions, there is no other conclusion that paying fans mean very little to the franchise. And I certainly don't know, that may be true. Ticket sales may directly be an insignificant fraction of the revenue generated. And home support may be indirectly insignificant to other revenue generated by the franchise.

The stands on gameday directly reflect what ownership has put forth to fans. Empty direction, empty sincerity equals empty stands. And from players to fans, its obvious. There just isn't any real (tangible) value in paying for season tickets.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

They most certainly did it through the draft, where they have been ace..
    The league is smack full of low character guys. Bengals have less arrests in the last 5 than we do..

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This latest pro-Mularkey video is hilarious.

Mike Keith Goes 1-on-1 with Mike Mularkey

Listen to that inspiring music in the background. They are using every cliche in the book to try to convince fans that Mularkey isn't complete dogsh*t.

Imagine if they spent some of this effort on an actual coaching search instead of a complete sham.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar