Titans Hire Mike Mularkey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Jan 16, 2016.

?
  1. Horrible hire

74.4%
  2. Neither pleased or displeased

12.2%
  3. Safe hire

10.9%
  4. Great hire

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay8312

Clay8312 Rookie

You see the possibility of the coaches that are coming back One of them is Munchak back to Tennessee and is supposed to make us feel better

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Just goes to further prove how much of a charade the entire "search" was (not that we didn't already know that by the caliber of candidates interviewed).

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Only 3 things speak the truth:
    1) little kids
    2) drunks
    3) leggings

• LOL LOL x 3
  4. Clint8

Clint8 Rookie

I might live by this quote.

5. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Such is the devastation wrought by bad ownership and a bad front office!

6. Anthony4Titans

Anthony4Titans Starter

No arguments with any of that. I think AAS is in over her head and her reasons stated for making the hire had everything to do with his high character. I do think that Mularkey won her over partly with the emphasis on protecting the qb, an area that Whisenhunt approached far too casually. I suspect that may have been the biggest reason he was fired actually although that is admittedly an assumption. Mularkey on the other hand sat him for the remainder of the season when he got a little banged up and they no longer had any reason to play him. So basically I agree with the emphasis to protect the QB. But she seemed to lose the big picture maybe? She supposedly also stated something like he has a good track record developing qb's which is not even true. She should have hired someone who actually knows something about the game and let them make the hire. As others have pointed out, she and Underwood lied to the fan base about their long list of candidates so it is easy to understand why everyone is pissed. They just took a collective dump on one of the most long suffering fan bases in the NFL.

#416 Anthony4Titans, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 2
  7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

While we certainly have talent deficiencies, it's not just a player problem, but a coaching one. Even where we invest top resources (OL for example), we get little return because of poor coaching. Our OL is very sloppy in technique and fundamentals and that won't change no matter how many 1st end picks we put on it. Are Lewan and Warmack tearing it up? No, they have gotten WORSE!!!

And keep in mind, this is a lot more talented roster than Mu chai had his last season and we went 7-9 so just because our record is abysmal for 2 seasons doesn't mean we have no talent. We just have had poor coaching in a lot of areas which have turned good players into below avg players!

Granted, a gm who doesn't understand you can build half your OL to be finesse and the other half to be power maulers just shows how little Webster, the FO and others know about football!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I typed out "I can't believe we did this" but then remembered the team I'm dealing with here. Not only did we interview the worst candidates but we didn't even wait until some of the top coordinators were available. We just keep digging ourselves a bigger hole. So now we're going to essentially waste 2 years with Mularkey, maybe even more, depending on how average we are, and waste our young talent. The only thing I'm clinging to right now is the Titans have sold the league so much on Mularkey being their guy that maybe we can haul in a pretty good OC. Maybe.

Mularkey was going nowhere but instead, we decided to just hire him. I mean, what does it say when other GM candidates wanted nothing to do with him? Yet you're still so ignorant? This team frustrates me like no other but hey time to go look at mock drafts because I hate everything.

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

F*** leggings and Yoga Tights!

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Honestly all I can hope for now is Jon Robinson is a baller at GM that over the next 2 years he stacks this team with talent with excellent drafting that not even Mularkey could mess it up Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar