Titans, Henry Contract talks hit a snag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not sure when the deadline is offhand, but I'd think by midnight Friday night at the latest...

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I remember someone saying or i read it that it had to be by March 9th.

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

4. Well, the league year starts on or about March 1 every season. So in general, that's when teams have to be under the cap.

That having been said, I don't know when Henry's bonus comes due. Generally, it's on the 1st day of the league year so as to force the team to either pay the bonus, restructure the deal, or allow the player to hit the free agent market immediately. So until I hear any hard facts about the date of the bonus, I am going to assume that a new deal has to be in place by the start of the league year.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...DubYF?slug=jc-henry022507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

There's the answer.

6. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I would be comfortable with LenDale and another back.....not the quality of Henry but no slouch either. I really want to see LenDale get more touches than last year..perhaps a third round pick or a solid B level free agent pick up

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They should get whatever they're going to get done by friday anyway so they can move on to free agency.

8. He won't go anywhere,fisher loves the fact that hes the last thing that resembles eddie george(rushing ability) since he left.If i had to put $81,000 on it....he'll be in blue next year :ha:

9. Well, I'm not sure if they are allowed to file any official paperwork over the weekends (i.e. signing or releasing players) so I think they'd have to cut him by Friday to avoid his bonus on Monday. But again, I'm not 100% sure on that...

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's what they said would likely happen on Sirius "The End Zone" yesterday. I believe they cut him, nobody comes close to offering him 8 million of "up front" money and then we re-sign him. I'm figuring 4-5 million "up front" in some fashion. SK- your thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar