Titans, Henry Contract talks hit a snag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

I don't want to do this but this would be ironic. What if we wouldn't pay Travis his bonus and let him test free agency. Then trade for Willis Mcgahee? I know the Bills are looking to trade him. Once again Travis would be replaced by Willis.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

We'll re-sign him. This is just media talk.

Gunny, if Dillon's been EG'd, it was a little early, he had some strong runs this season, he just can't carry the load anymore.

3. They aren't going to pay him an $8M+ bonus and then get rid of him...

4. It's not just media talk. His agent also said hinted that it didn't look good.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That doesn't mean it's anything more than posturing. I still think it's going to get worked out.

6. It still may. But then I said the same about McNair last year...

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I don't think Travis will get more money,nor playing time, elsewhere. This is his best opportunity to start. He should play here just to play.

I will not miss him. But I do give him credit for being patient until he got his chance.

Lendale is more than ready to carry to the load in my opinion. Top program. Top back. TD scorer. I am not worried. He was brought here to carry the load.

I can go either way. Lendale or Travis. Does not matter. Vince makes them betters anyway.

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Our O-Line will make holes for anyone who carries the ball. I can't lie I love T-Hen's "Stiff arm of GOD", and he did gain 1200 yds, but 8 mill??, no sir. He's not worth that, while 1200 yds was something to be thankful for, I honestly believe that that's not something that any fulltime back with a decent O-line couldn't do. I am ready for the younger and faster, and stronger Lendale White to play, but my lord, I hope he's not another Chris Brown. There was something always wrong with him, a stubbed toe, a head cold, a hang nail, something that had him sit out, or miss time durning the game.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's nothing compared to LenBuddha's 'Shake, Rattle and Rolley Polley'

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

You can't blame Henry for looking for a big payday. At his age this will possibly be his last big contract and he is coming off a darn good year. He is still young enough he can put up three more decent years.

My guess is the Titans low balled him and he wants to see what someone else will offer. If Henry doesn't come back it wouldn't be the end of the world with Lendale but we would need to get a solid backup and I don't mean a Booker but we would need somene who could carry the load if Lendale is hurt. So far Lendale hasn't shown he can stay any more healthy than Brown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar