Titans, Henry Contract talks hit a snag

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bulluck4dMVP, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Time for LenBuddha to shine.

2. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

Go LenBudda! :spud: :woohoo: `

3. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Henry Contract Talks Hit Snag

SUMMARY: Talks between the Titans and Travis Henry hit a snag and the RB may hit the free agent market. Henry is due to receive an $8.5 million roster bonus on March 5. Henry, who led Tennessee with 1,211 yards on 270 carries last season, would become a free agent if the Titans do not to pay the bonus. His agent, Hadley Engelhard, does not expect Tennessee to pay the roster bonus. Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt has said he wants to keep Henry and will continue to try and work out a new deal.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You guys don't seem all that worried. I know I am shaking in my boots at the thought of Lendale carrying the load. Maybe one day he will, but I haven't seen enough of him to feel secure with the idea of him as a #1.

If we lose Henry, we would have to bring in someone else. Who is available? Corey Dillon?

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

im not worried because i dont think we will cut ties with him if we cant reach a deal. while we would rather not just eat his roster bonus, we have the cap space to do it.

and i think we will get one done. we still have and entire week to do it.

6. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

LenDubba will be ready, but it would be nice for Henry to say b.c theyre similar runners, hopefully they can work something out

7. Henry won't be going anywhere,Fisher won't let him go, not after the type of season he had.If the titans are gonna make any type of run this year Henry got to stay.I don't even wanna here this crap about Lendale carrying the load,not saying he can't,but Henry and White would be one hell of a 1,2 punch.We need them both

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Nothing wrong with throwing him in the deep end.

he's been Eddie George'd imo

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sounds to me like TH wants to test the market. He had a great year....BUT....he still carries that one strike equals one year out with his substance history.

The real question IMO is will a team be willing to risk/"spend" the extra salary cap space on a two-time substance abuser? I think he'll get a better base salary that he is scheduled to get, but I'm not certain somebody will match/beat the 8.1 million roster bonus w/ a signing bonus. I'm betting he tests the market for 2 weeks then takes a re-negotiated roster bonus of 4-5 million.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar