Titans Have Best QB Ever To come out of NCAA?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dbc5631, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

God forbid anyone say anything about Keith B and how he has fallen off the face of the earth. He was doing a good job of keeping the gatorade safe and secure on the Giants sideline. Keith B is on track for his worst statistical season since his rookie year. Good job front office!

2. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Reading comprehension is your friend. I made the original post well before last nights game.

3. dbc5631

dbc5631 Starter

Huh? What does KB have to do with the post you replied to?

4. World Peace

Doesn't matter. No more Jay Cutler threads please! We didn't draft him, get over it.. That was like 5 years ago. Vince Young is #8 in the league in QB rating. Vince young is a national champion and leading heisman vote winner in 2005. Jay Cutler played for the worst football team in the SEC and it's a fluke that he is 3-0. Remember when the Bills went 5-0 a few seasons ago. Jay Cutler is a glorified Trent Edwards.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

[​IMG]

The large print sucks too.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Dill hole say what?!?!

7. World Peace

[​IMG]

FIND ME AN ELIGIBLE NCAA PLAYER IN 2005 THAT GOT MORE HEISMAN VOTES THAN VINCE YOUNG PLEASE. CASE CLOSED.

8. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

2nd place will always be remembered as 2nd place. The Heisman was vacated for 2005. Sorry, that means there were no votes cast, nullified. zero. didn't exist. no award.

Good try though

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Orton was playing on (pretty much) the exact same team Cutler had been on his previous three seasons.

I get what you're saying. I'm not necessarily dogging Cutler. I think he's better than Vince... at least he has been over the course of his career. Last year, Vince was better. No arguing that. I just think Cutler gets overhyped too much.

And of course, I was watching the game last night with a friend who's a Vandy/Bears fan (who drafted Jay Cutler in the first round in fantasy football :ha: ) He said Cutler was better than Vince in every way last year. He said he would take 27 TDs over 10 TDs any day. Yea, anyone would, but I'm pretty sure most people would take 7 INTs over 26 INTs as well.

10. World Peace

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The award might be vacant but you can't take away the fact that Vince Young was the top Heisman vote winner of 2005. Yes, I will use the word winner as liberally as I want. Was there another eligible player in 2005 that got more votes than him? Trophy or no trophy, the votes were cast regardless. That's like saying... There was no national championship in 19xx due to vacate-tion therefore there wasn't 2nd place either. It doesn't work that way.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar