Titans GM Webster talks Locker, Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. titansfan80

titansfan80 Starter

That E:60 episode shows a lot of respect for him

3. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I bet we roll with locker this year and try to fix the tackle situation and get a few 3-4 players. Then look at the QB situation next season. We need to work on changing the Defense first!

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

ya no need to draft a qb wholl probably be a year or two from being good as locker is at this point already.

let him play, see if Wilson can be the back up. draft a 4-5 round qb. if locker does good sign him to a 2-3 year cheap deal then after another of year of success then you extend him again

boom

5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I can roll with that,but Jakes got agents in his ear now. He has a big year, I dont know how cheap he will come. Hes a great kid and all, but business is still business.

6. JimmyTitan

JimmyTitan Starter

Regarding the most important position on an NFL team today, quarterback, IF Whisenhunt is going to start from scratch and has ANY reservations regarding Jake Locker in what he discovers breaking down game footage this off-season soon from last year, the ONLY quarterback in this draft that can be the (Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson) of the 2014 Tennessee Titans is Johnny Manziel, and I truly believe that especially under Whisenhunt.

And that means, IF as Whisenhunt and Webster have stated regarding "Culture Change Now", and all the Chris Johnson talk translates into a reality with the team cutting ties with him now, he will be a very attractive trade incentive as well as a swap of the 11th overall pick to which ever team is in position that wants to draft Manziel. It would a miracle if Johnny "Football" fell to the Titans at the 11th pick.

IF Jake Locker continues to remain the Titans starting quarterback going into 2014 and gains Whisenhunt trust now and toward the future, then the organization has to be committed to keeping Locker for years to come after 2014. As for CJ, if what I stated above in my humble opinion isn't the option toward trying to draft Manziel, it would be foolish and stupid for the Titans to trade or cut him for a draft pick or find another player in free agency to fill what could be a very costly void.

7. 520

yea but in all reality how much will more will he be worth on the open market...I mean Im saying like 3500 yards 25-30 passing tds maybe 7-10 ints and some nice lil rushing stays.

will he get so much more anywhere else after his history? enough to make it worth transplanting his family....I think his loyal nature will tip him towards accepting a tad less to stay here than to get overpaid in a place like Jacksonville or Cleveland or minnesota

8. 520

lol tosh.0 just punked on cj

9. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

When will Jake be back on the field taking snaps? April or may or from what I heard it could be June? That means we go in to the NFL draft with a hurt Locker. If this is the case, we have to draft a qb and if we do they would be taking snaps before Jake does. Our QB position has not been so great over the past few years, actually one of our weakest points even this year with both qb's in the game. Jake did not move the ball vs Pittsburgh, St Louis, or Jacksonville and he made 1 great throw vs the chargers to win the game otherwise that is another L ! He played a few good games, that's great but in reality so does every other qb. We need a long term solution.

10. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Jake wasnt asked to move the ball vs Pittsburgh and also wasnt a focal point vs St. Louis. We ran the ball very well in that game. I will say that was not one of Jakes better games. He played fine vs Pittsburgh (did what he was asked to do) and didnt get to finish the book on the Jags game. Vs. SanDiego, Jake threw for 299, ran for quite a few yards, even CJ had 90 yards. Offense wasnt bad that day and of course you got the Jets game. 4-2 in games he started and finished. 6TD 0 Ints before the injury that HE came back too soon from. Which is his biggest problem. Keeping him upright. Up to that point, Jake was playin good ball and doing what was asked of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar