Titans GM Webster talks Locker, Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Oh, I never did either. My stance was much the same as it is with Jake, but he was pretty rough in the early going. I want whats best for the team too. I just dont see anyone else to start. I am not a big fan of any of the QBs that might be there at 11. Bortles is the only one I wanna move to in this draft. Thats part of the issue too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

I agree with this, I just simply do not believe in jake sadly. I hope he proves me wrong, I would be happy and eat my words but I would not mind one bit. We missed out on good qb's the past few years sadly too.

3. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Say Jake finishes a season. We go 10-6,win a playoff game. Jake is solid, throws 25 TDs and 10 picks. Then what? Thats my question. If he gets hurt or stinks, 2015 is easy enough. Say he is solid in 2014, do we resign him? Possibly franchise him and make him prove it one more year? Thats when it would get interesting.

4. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

what if he has an ok year as compared to a solid year. If he has a solid year and we win a playoff game we know we will resign him. If he has an ok year, then like you said it does get interesting.

5. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

With his injury history, I dont know as you dont franchise him. Its a high price tag,but you sign him long term, 4 more years and his injuries catch back up with him, you are kinda stuck. If he goes two seasons in a row relatively healthy, then I would feel better about a 3-4 year deal. Oh well, thats a lot of ifs. lol

6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

but from what I understand and correct me if I am wrong here, the Titans are not going to be picking up his extension which needs to be done by may and this is his last year so you are only going to have to judge this one year alone instead of 2 seasons unless he resigns to a two year deal? Then resigned again long term? All that tells me is that the organization is not sure on this guy and the QB position is one position you need to be sure of going forward to be successful.

7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

They can franchise tag him to keep him off the open market after next season, which gives on more year to prove it again. Problem is, thats top 10 QB money for that one season.So in that scenario, he plays well this coming season, franchise tag puts him back for 2015, then you part ways or look long term. I dont know if us not picking up the 2015 option keeps us from placing a tag on him later.

8. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Keep in mind Locker isn't the type of guy who will make us break the bank on him. Anyone who saw his E60 draft episode knows that he doesn't make decisions based on money like that.

9. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

Depends on much he listens to what his agent feeds him. Thats a great piece by the way. Locker knows whats up. He isnt making demands, cause he knows he is in no position to, unlike another player or two of ours. Jake just wants the chance to EARN the job.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Anyone have a link to that E60 draft episode? Never saw it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar