Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt confirmed that talks with Keith Bulluck are on hold.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm over these damn TOMBers and pushing their BS crap that isn't true.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I was aware of, and totally support, the reason for the Titans' decision not to let him work out.

Not sure I buy the "Bus couldn't get in touch with him in time," side of the story. I think Bus was trying to work up the publicity, and boy did it work. I'm much more likely to believe that Bud and Bus got into a pi$sing match, especially with Reese and Fisher out of town.

Cooler heads did not prevail on either side, and the Titans took a PR shot to the gut which they probably didn't deserve. I wouldn't have wanted Steve working out during a contract dispute.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The Titans sent some nobody, some building security guard (?), and wouldn't let him enter the building.

Could we not have let him in, sat him an office, got Bud on the phone, let them have a conversation? Or someone call his cell phone?

Besides all that, don't you think that should've been told to Steve LONG BEFORE the situation became a possibility? I mean, if in February you know you don't want him working out in the building, can't you communicate a little better to a player you may trade?

We deserve the PR shot.

4. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

as i remember most fans were ready for another QB to take over, most of the fans were not upset that McNair was locked out, they were excited about the new Qb.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Most fans were ready because we knew McNair wasn't going to stay.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Were you there? Do you know who he saw, who wouldn't let him in, or any more details?

I know that we're all making some assumptions, but that works both ways. Do you really think that Steve had no idea? That some nameless guy turned the lock and shut the blinds on him, not answering as he knocked on the door? "Guys... guys... I just want to work out and help the Titans... I'm not worried about money, I just want to be part of the team..." he moaned pitifully.

You're just buying into Bus' story, even moreso than I am buying into the front office's.

7. terrykalaka

terrykalaka Camp Fodder

playing football is a job. these guys get paid to play football. if they can no longer complete the task that is asked of them, they are no longer in a job. It's just like the regular workforce, if you can't do the job that you are supposed to do, you get fired. Nobody owes anybody any more than that. Long time service is from any of our veteren players is also a service to their bank accounts, so the titans don't owe them anything other than an opportunity to earn the money that they are being paid. If they can't perform at a level that warrants the millions that they get paid, then they should be released or not re-signed. The titans have paid kb enough money for him to never have to work again in his lifetime and for a 10 year commitment, i'd reckon that's a pretty good deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar